One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Monkey Gun Man
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the M249 that I have been working on for my ranger. I left most of the dragon saw intact. I did scratch built the stock, made a rail on the top, replaced the trigger guard, made a belt of bullets, and transplanted the tip of the barrel from another gun. I tried a new way to paint where I wanted the paint to look metallic. I don't think the paint really came out the way I wanted so any suggestions on how to get this look is appreciated. As always comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks for looking.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I don't believe you did that.Make me one and then I'll know for sure.

:)

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, PemGreene!

Great looking weapon! Looks a hell of a lot more practical the the pig M60 I used to hump back in my gunner days. I really like your little minidiorama. Sweet!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
UNDER THE RUCK!
435 Posts
nice work on the SAW there PemGreene! to get the metalic look may i suggest using a graphite pencil and holding it on an angle and then going over the weapon. it works similarly to dry brushing and should give you the matalic look. if worse comes to worse however you can pain the pieces you want metalic using silver paint ( i use the warhammer paint bolt gun metal) and then going over the the silver paint with a black wash.

hope that helps,
David

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Nice, I now I have a good guideline for when I do attempt my own :p What did you use for the 5.56 rounds? Was it from an older DML set? Great combat outpost dio base too.

·
Monkey Gun Man
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everone

saiko- I used the rounds from the second round of BBI weapon sets. The sniper one. When it first came out it had plastic rounds but then the second one I got had the metal rounds. I realy wish someone would produce more of these rounds.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Ah thanks for the heads up. Yeah thats probably HTF nowadays. I agree though, with the multitude of 7.62 belts out now it'd be nice to have some 5.56 metal linked belts out. *Hint hint playkid* :p But I suppose you wouldn't see long belts of that caliber as you would the .308 on so many mgs.
Oh well, a good excuse to look at this nice dio again. :D

·
Master of the Iron Horse
356 Posts
Sweet looking SAW. Ive been thinking of ways to pull off that style of stock for awhile now. Heres a reference photo of what the SAW my buddy used when I was over there last summer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts