One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since M&C toys world peacekeepers are all the rage at the moment, i thought i might share some news. M&C toys center decided to have an online store for those of us who have wanted to buy their pte stuff direct. the store which is now open on the M&C website, sells the whole pte line, including rare items like the 1/6 tank...and humvee sets. they also have the police figs, the whole 1/18 assortments, and theres even the dio sets. i should warn that of course u will need an acct to buy stuff, but they offer personal ones (not just buisness) so we can.

the link is here... M&C Toy Centre Ltd.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
since M&C toys world peacekeepers are all the rage at the moment, i thought i might share some news. M&C toys center decided to have an online store for those of us who have wanted to buy their pte stuff direct. the store which is now open on the M&C website, sells the whole pte line, including rare items like the 1/6 tank...and humvee sets. they also have the police figs, the whole 1/18 assortments, and theres even the dio sets. i should warn that of course u will need an acct to buy stuff, but they offer personal ones (not just buisness) so we can.

the link is here... M&C Toy Centre Ltd.
I haven't navigated through their site yet other than to see what figures are on it -- but even if they offer personal as opposed to business accounts and assuming they are actually serious about that (rather than just a promotional semblance), wouldn't it mean having to buy by the carton, ie packaged lots of 12 of the identical figure (not mix and match)? If so somebody who isn't me might want to take the initiative to explore maybe an OSW group buy and redistribution.

·
blistering barnacles
600 Posts
I tried putting in an order last night for one of the 1/18 quonset huts and the order went through, but there was no payment option, no shipping quote, no communication thus far regarding the above other than an automatic order confirmation email. The order is still there in my account but it's in limbo, for now.

I think their system is perhaps not set up entirely yet.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I tried putting in an order last night for one of the 1/18 quonset huts and the order went through, but there was no payment option, no shipping quote, no communication thus far regarding the above other than an automatic order confirmation email. The order is still there in my account but it's in limbo, for now.

I think their system is perhaps not set up entirely yet.
The Quonset hut being a big playset is only 2 to a Carton. Did it let you order just 1 or did you order 2? The question becomes more relevant for the figures (12 carton).

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Quonset hut being a big playset is only 2 to a Carton. Did it let you order just 1 or did you order 2? The question becomes more relevant for the figures (12 carton).
they said i could order single figures when i signed in and made no mention of a carton...though the store is new, so go figure.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Fantastic! Thanks for posting this.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
While the information is appreciated . . . it could have been better vetted prior to posting/sharing.

Always the best intention, but execution always needs more work.

It reminds of the song . . . "I just try to the do right thing . . . but it always comes out the wrong way."

Been there and done that.

If anyone else gets more traction/yield better results, please chime in.

I wish M&C offerings would be available to US 1:6 distributors so they can provide a bit more exposure and also provide a budget priced offering to 1:6 collectors from 1:6 retailers.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
I thought M&C were available at mass retailers at one time. I'm pretty sure that Small Blue Planet as well as JC Penney carried them on-line.
--

If I remember correctly, yes. They did back in the day.

Nowadays, the 1:6 PTE offerings are mostly relegated to BIG LOTS and a few other small retailers based on region.

I have not checked JCP or Sears in a while to see if they still offer 1:6 and/or 1:18 PTE offerings online during the Christmas shopping season.

·
blistering barnacles
600 Posts
Okay, so I was today contacted by a Ronald Tsui from Hong Kong concerning my order. He offered me a 15% Grand Opening discount offer on this order if I promote the store with a Facebook post and provide screen capture evidence of having done so. Also he quoted a shipping price ($25 for the quonset hut) and $4.59 in ebay fees.

$25 is not a terrible shipping quote for what is likely a very large box from Hong Kong but I think I will pass on the offer given that I can probably just end up getting one at Big Lots in a month or so.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Okay, so I was today contacted by a Ronald Tsui from Hong Kong concerning my order. He offered me a 15% Grand Opening discount offer on this order if I promote the store with a Facebook post and provide screen capture evidence of having done so. Also he quoted a shipping price ($25 for the quonset hut) and $4.59 in ebay fees.

$25 is not a terrible shipping quote for what is likely a very large box from Hong Kong but I think I will pass on the offer given that I can probably just end up getting one at Big Lots in a month or so.
Hold on -- a manufacturer selling through its online store charges ebay fees? Presumably that means they've also got an ebay store and probably they want to use that and not go through the website for individual and not retailer sales -- do you happen to have the link or address for that?

·
blistering barnacles
600 Posts
Hold on -- a manufacturer selling through its online store charges ebay fees? Presumably that means they've also got an ebay store and probably they want to use that and not go through the website for individual and not retailer sales -- do you happen to have the link or address for that?
Ooops I mistyped that. Freudian slip. I meant 'paypal fees'. Sorry to be confusing!

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Ooops I mistyped that. Freudian slip. I meant 'paypal fees'. Sorry to be confusing!
No worries, it just led me off into the wrong direction. You're likely right that a $25 shipping charge isn't crazy per se but doesn't make sense for you especially on an item you will probably find locally. Hopefully someone else will try the store experience and report. I'm in Canada where buying / shipping from Asia shouldn't be any more complicated than for someone buying from the US, but somehow it always is.

Ideally if they allow the purchase of single items, and if they combine shipping in a reasonable way, I wouldn't mind an order of a handful of 1/6 figures plus some of their interesting styled 1/18 sci-fi figures and vehicles that I've never seen in hand. Looking to see if someone tests the waters first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts