One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I guess this is more of a retailer question, but still...

What do you guys think is the most convinient way to sell loose gear? Right now we have all of the gear arranged all in plastic bins by the figure - i.e. everything (boots, uniform, weapons, headgear and etc.) all go in one bin as long as they come from the same figure.

This makes it easier for us to locate sold items and ship them out and is probably easy for people who know which figure has what gear to find what they want. However, on a downside, there are way too many plastic bins.

How other stores do and what you, as customers, find more convinient? I thought of separating all the gear based by what it is - all vests in one bin, all footwear in another and etc. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Alexei

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
I think the way you got it right now makes the most sense for the more "hardcore" collector, you know the ones who know what Gear comes with what figure, you know what you want, you see the figure, you get the part you want. If your more of a occasional basher or newbie, i think its more convinient for them if the parts are stored gearwise ie Vests together, Helmets together...
So it all comes down to what kind of customers you expect, id say since you have a brick and mortar store id say go with the second one, might be a bit more hassle when it comes to shipping, but its easier for people who just walk by and check out the store.

just my .2 cent

oh how about some more pics of the store? with everything set up and running now?

·
buyer of all cool stuff..
281 Posts
Alexei:
Congrats on opening a B&M store!

As far as sorting parts, I see the benefits to both methods, depending on your needs and the needs of your customers.

When I go to Home Depot or Lowes for screws, I want to find all the screws in the same aisle in the same spot. Then I want to find all of the wood screws separated from the machine screws. Then I want to find the phillips head separated fom the straight blade and the torx bit. So, the finding process is easier for me. Yes the amount of space consumed is larger, but I am able to locate the product I need with minimal difficulty. If I like the way a store is set up and stocked, I shop there more frequently and buy more from them. I reward them for offering me selection and convenience.

I hope my examples were helpful to you.

Best wishes,

SoF (Joe) :thumb

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would say you have a good setup. I've been to other retailers and they have a similar system. I might add that as you get bins that sit longer and longer when certain figures start to lose interest you could then separate items first based on brand then by item like weapons. That way people looking for new stuff find it real fast and as time passes people who are just looking for a general stuff can find it in big bin.

·
Eagle Eye Joe
2,636 Posts
Well, half of the fun in a store like that would be to just look around. For example, if I was looking for some WW2 boots and went straight to that area, snagged the boots and paid for 'em I might miss out on something else I couldn't live without by looking around a bit. But that's just me-- and I didn't realize it 'til I went to a couple of shows and had to dig a little to find some different things(Oh what fun!!!).
As far as having too many bins: You could always try setting up some peg board and putting some of the bits in those little jewelry bags(there's a bunch of different sizes), punch a hole in the top of the bag and stick it on a peg. The peg board is very versatile as far as where you can place it. It can stand alone or even go up on the wall. Oh yeah, the pegboard, pegs, and jewelry bags aren't even expensive.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
EBT has it down pat

Example-modern side
"Blue Box-modern loose woodland pouches"
"Blue Box-modern Loose desert pouches"

Example WWII side
"Blue box-WWII uniforms,US"

That's how Echobase does it

"company,era,item"
and then the WWII are grouped together and the modern stuff is grouped together in the same section,same for CYgirl,LAW enforcement,etc..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.