One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CARPEDIEM
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a long time since my last history class,that is why I have these question and Im looking for help in these answer. What other conflics happend between WWII, and Vietnam consurning the U.S. Forces. I know there where some but I dont remember very well.Im looking for a time line (date and place will help)so it will help me place A bio for a figured. Thanks for the help!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
US Marines were in China after WW2, as the country fell into a full-blown civil war. They were engaged in some firefights and ambushes. Small-scale stuff, but hairy enough for new Marines who'd missed the war, and veterans who'd survived the island battles.

The Marines were in Lebanon in the late-50s, when it was still a beautiful place.

What would be interesting would be a look at all the classified operations between WW2 and Vietnam. Like many since then, they're known only to a few.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
In Korea, the main US armor involvement was by M24 Chaffees (the Stuart's replacement), late-model M4 Shermans, M26 Pershings and M46 Pattons, the latter two used by both the Army and Marines.

Stuarts saw action with French Union forces in Indochina, and Chaffees as well. Some M-24s were broken down and transported by air to Dien Bien Phu, where they fought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.