One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm specifically on the lookout for a muscular 1:6 scale body that has the removable neck joint. I've noticed that a lot of the more muscular base figures have the neck joint as part of the torso. I'm not sure why.:doh

·
Registered
311 Posts
You can get an Easy & Simple body for $8 LINK or even Hot Toys one for $35 LINK or brand new boxed WORLDBOX AT025 Narrow Shoulder body LINK

I have used all of these and personally they're all great quality body, sturdy joints and such... World Box got the best quality, even better than Hot Toys.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes, to all of the above. WorldBox is excellent, for sure. :) Also there is a 'muscular' type of Coomodel body that comes without a neck -- I have used this one and of course while it may not be as high quality as WorldBox, it's pretty sturdy for what it is.

Here's the regular muscular version w/ detachable neck:

1/6 COOMODEL Standard Muscular Arm Male Body BD007 For Hot Toys TTM18 TTM19 USA | eBay

Here's the extra tall muscular version w/ detachable neck:

1/6 COOMODEL Muscular Arm Male Body BD008 EXTRA TALL For HotToys TTM18 TTM19 USA | eBay

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should say, I'm working on a batman custom and I appropriated the suit from a 13" Extremely muscular figure and have been attempting to make the suit work (since it's spandex) for a less bulky 12" figure. Adjusting for the height is no problem, as I just need to trim the excess sleeve and leg length, but finding a sufficiently muscular base body to fill out the suit and not make it look baggy has been difficult... So I'm looking for less of an average muscular and more of a slightly bigger than average muscular type.

This would be the perfect amount of bulk,
hot 1/6 Muscle Base Body action figure good fit BATMAN Bane Terminator toys | eBay
but unfortunately the neck is a part of the torso, and the head I'm wanting to use has it's own neck joint as part of batman's cowl.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes, to all of the above. WorldBox is excellent, for sure. :) Also there is a 'muscular' type of Coomodel body that comes without a neck -- I have used this one and of course while it may not be as high quality as WorldBox, it's pretty sturdy for what it is.
Coo Models would works great too. If you're new, there's no reason to purchase a $35 boxed body. Any of these $8 to $25 bodies will guarantee to work just fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coo Models would works great too. If you're new, there's no reason to purchase a $35 boxed body. Any of these $8 to $25 bodies will guarantee to work just fine.
Thanks! I'll look and see what they have.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes, it's true, expensive bodies are not necessarily required to make nice customs. That said, while I realize you are looking for a plastic body that is neckless, for what it's worth, tbleague bodies do tend to fill out those kinds of superhero suits quite well. They are very good at 'filling out' 1/6 clothing in general. Could be an option, but only if you can mod the headsculpt to be neckless. I don't know what the sculpt looks like so I can't tell if it's mod-able in that way or not, but just thought I'd mention.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes, it's true, expensive bodies are not necessarily required to make nice customs. That said, while I realize you are looking for a plastic body that is neckless, for what it's worth, tbleague bodies do tend to fill out those kinds of superhero suits quite well. They are very good at 'filling out' 1/6 clothing in general. Could be an option, but only if you can mod the headsculpt to be neckless. I don't know what the sculpt looks like so I can't tell if it's mod-able in that way or not, but just thought I'd mention.
I think the sculpt that Cole the Slaw is using has a neck and head combination because of the integrated cowl. I don't know that there would be a good way to mod it. I do appreciate you showing us these bodies. I may pick some up myself.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's understandable -- just thought it worth mentioning even if just for future reference.

I don't use hugely bulky bodies all that often myself --- and when I do I usually go with tbleague, such as for the Conan I did for my husband for Christmas --- so I'm not as aware of what's out there in terms of 'cheap' but good quality super muscular base bodies. Other than the various brands already mentioned above. I'll keep looking through some of my bookmarks and see if I can find anything though. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the sculpt that Cole the Slaw is using has a neck and head combination because of the integrated cowl. I don't know that there would be a good way to mod it. I do appreciate you showing us these bodies. I may pick some up myself.
That is correct. I'm pretty new to customs and kit-bashing...so I'm kinda learning as I go along. I wouldn't know how to modify the bodies to remove the neck, though I also appreciate any brands you can refer, as I'm sure I'll use them in the future.

Here's a couple of images of the batman head I'm using. I've unscrewed the inner neck joint before but it was a dead end, there was just more parts to unscrew beneath that seem to be unique to this sculpt. I didn't wanna mess anything up with how the eyes and mouthpiece sit in the cowl.
It's the hot toys Batman Returns mms293 head.
IMG_0312.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was actually considering TBleague, but couldn't figure out how I'd overcome the neck problem. I definitely want to use them for future projects though. I think it would be super cool to do an 80's style TV hulk with the super muscular TBleague body If I could find a decent Lou Farrigno head sculpt.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ah, interesting -- I wasn't familiar with that particular headsculpt, but your dilemma makes sense now. It does look like it would be a rather complicated job to mod that, for sure, and perfectly understandable you wouldn't want to risk ruining it.

And an 80s-style Hulk does sound like a fun idea! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Curious as to a shorter narrow shoulder body. I got the “budget” Worlbox that I used for Han Solo. Love the body and finish on plastic , but the legs/height aren’t adjustable
I think this one is the A025
I needed a body for Luke, so of course a bit shorter, does Workdbox do one? A011 looked OK, but I can’t find one.
I have “B006” ( not sure of brand) written down as a shorter body. But I did like the non gloss finish of Worldbox.
At the moment I have a body, but it’s too “glossy”. I got that on Amazon, but it’s the $15-20 narrow shoulder that’s on eBay
Thanks
Holly

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've bought Screenshot_20200909-181654.jpg this type on ebay and although they look like they won't take a head with a neck, they will. The neck and chest is just a rubber cover and can be cut to remove the neck piece. It attaches to a ball in the middle of the chest just like most of the narrow shoulder bodies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does anyone know a good material for body padding. I recently got a cool figure but I want to swap out the headsculpt. Since it's a female figure, the neck is really skinny, which makes the head/helmet look bigger than it should. I need to pad out the neck under the fabric suit to make the head look more balanced...but I'm not really sure what to search for.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts