One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Anybody know where to get one?
Everywhere?

I'm not aware of anything specifically made for the 1/6 hobby, but there's a gadzillion Santas made for decorations. You need to check the scale obviously -- lots of tabletop Santas made around the right size, but not necessarily measured as 1/6. Also, some Santa busts or heads within garlands, etc. Santa's neck ruffle and the beard give you cover on how you join the neck. There are Santa heads separately sold for craft projects but you'll find lots more choices sold as retail full Santas, and some of them will be more realistic than the craft kits.

If it's a X-Mas 2017 project you'd better hurry, but otherwise you can look forward to hitting a Salvation Army etc. post Boxing Day to scoop something about 95% off retail price with thrift store pricing plus post-Christmas further 75% off. For our purposes you won't care if the lights don't work or something mechanical is broken.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a neat trick you did in the pic. I've got a suit (from cotswold a while back), but everybody hates the hs...and yeah, for next year.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
That's a neat trick you did in the pic. I've got a suit (from cotswold a while back), but everybody hates the hs...and yeah, for next year.
There's way better Santa sculpts than the one I used in that picture. I think I bought that one at a thrift store not for Santa himself but because he came with a good 1/6 old-fashioned desk. I ended up using the head and costume for that "Captain Action wears Santa" concept. Look around and you'll find good and cheap Santa heads to use.

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,387 Posts
how about a gandalf head re-haired and re-bearded or a KO jeff bridges IM2 head haired and re-bearded ?
(a lot of work though but you will still have time if you start now).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts