One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Wait, so the only TBLeague/Phicen figures with front and back "anatomically correct" detailing are the 07C/09C? That's pretty odd...
Do any of the other companies (Jiaou, Edaction) have anatomically correct figures?
S22A & S23B as well.
I believe you mean anatomically detailed figures. Most are anatomically correct, including JDs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think they meant that they were avoiding the 22A because of the body shape -- it's an athletic body with quite prominent muscles, whereas they were looking for a less muscular looking figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I appreciate your insights. The 32A and 33B are usually referred to as "narrow shoulder, long leg" as opposed to Asian. I think the Asian ones are probably a bit more realistic and appropriate for my character. I bought this to make a "Tank Girl" model from the comic book, and she's supposed to be tiny but scrappy, this one's a bit too "Barbie" for my liking, there really weren't good profile pictures in the ads, but she looked pretty good for my needs in the other pictures which didn't show how big her back shelf really is.The proportions overall are just weird. I think the shoulders are more feminine than most other models, but she really seems like a frankenstein in many ways. Her medium bust is quite large compared to her petite body and then her bottom is significantly larger, but is in proportion to her thighs, but then the thighs are probably 4 scale inches longer than should be, and her calves are likely 3 scale inches too long. I think she'd look much better and be easier to dress with shorter legs. Her bottom is almost twice the depth of her tummy, it really is quite odd, from behind her keister matches her body well, for a pear shaped gal, but then her long legs throw that out of whack. Her wrists do bug me, but those can be hidden by a watch or bracelet. I do like the toy/hobby, but wish it was more affordable, clothes are ridiculously expensive, and pants really don't fit. I hope they become more popular and affordable but simple things like t-shirts are hard to find and crazy expensive I've had some luck at monkey depot and Ebay, but much of what I want is from China and can take months to ship.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ah, yeah, it is a bit of an odd body, that one. Though I will say that most tbleague bodies tend to improve in appearance once they are somewhat dressed and/or have heads on them, lol. That said, if you are looking for a body for a smaller character, I would rec one of the smaller, petite tbleague bodies... the s24a/s25b, for instance. They do have a fairly sizeable bust, and no back detailing, but they can be useful for shorter or more petite characters. You just have to make sure to pick a slightly smaller headsculpt to avoid the bobblehead look.

I also really like the super petite s27b, but that one tends to give most people trouble since it's so tiny that most typical 1/6 heads don't work with it.

Maybe you're already aware of those, but just wanted to mention them in case. :)

ETA: Oh, btw, what country are you located in, Wankothesane?

Edited again: Just realized that when you said 'Asian' bodies, you were probably referring TO the petite ones. Sorry about that. :') When I mentioned the 'Asian' term in connection to the 32/33 body, I was referring to some observations made when that body was first was announced that it looked like it was being marketed to be used with headsculpts of certain Korean popstars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What is the equivalent of S04B but has detachable feet?
If anyone have a chart front, side and back, kindly post thank you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Davedfx -- this user just posted an entire comparison thread of their personal favourite tbleague bodies from all angles, it might be useful to you:

Phicen/TBleague Body Comparison w/ Custom Heads & Horrors!

The S04B is not included, but I feel the closest body to it with detachable feet is the s10d/s12d model. It's not exactly like the s04 or s07 bodies, but it's the closest to them of the detachable feet bodies, in my opinion. Bear in mind, that the s10d/s12d model doesn't have the 'secret parts'. This is not an issue for me personally in the slightest, but I know some people seem to have more specific requirements. ;p

ETA: I'm guessing you'd want the pale version, so it would be the s10d. : )

·
Registered
34 Posts
Shot these for you if they are of any help.

Thanks so much! S04B looks perfect for big breast, full hips and a round butt! Very feminine and not too muscular too.
Perfect for my Nier Automata Super Duck with S20A body and the hips are too small for me.

from your photos S21B Butt looks just as round as S04B in side view. Front view looks like S21B has no hips "Love handles".
I've ordered a S04B to try out!
S12D looks pretty good too from the other thread posted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ah, I see, I was wondering because the OP said the 22A didn't have a "detailed" back side.
I did buy an S22A figure and you read correctly. It doesn't have the back details. Now, that being said I did buy mine on Ebay so it's likely that it's not authentic. It's also possible that I got an older one that was made before they started putting those details in. Either way, I completely believe everyone here when they say that it should have that detail. I just cant explain why mine didnt.

Any word on the new figures yet? I had pre-ordered the centurion on BBTS, but decided to cancel it before it got there. Anyway, I know that the figure was supposed to arrive in march as well as the other new ones they were releasing. Just wondering if anyones gotten them yet.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
EVERYTHING more or less is delayed due to COVID-19 in China / Asia.

If that absolutely bothers you and is unacceptable, then it's probably time to focus on something else.

So many online perturbed about delays and waiting it's unbelievable.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I did buy an S22A figure and you read correctly. It doesn't have the back details. Now, that being said I did buy mine on Ebay so it's likely that it's not authentic. It's also possible that I got an older one that was made before they started putting those details in. Either way, I completely believe everyone here when they say that it should have that detail. I just cant explain why mine didnt.

Any word on the new figures yet? I had pre-ordered the centurion on BBTS, but decided to cancel it before it got there. Anyway, I know that the figure was supposed to arrive in march as well as the other new ones they were releasing. Just wondering if anyones gotten them yet.
I read from seller notices that China will only send out such exports to the US when they are ready to receive them, given the current situation. I'm happy that my orders from China are arriving within a 3 week time frame. Which is really fast, considering what's happening here. My ebay order from the US has been stuck in Kentucky warehouse for already 2 weeks, pending export shipping. These are not essentials, so I'm not in a hurry!

·
Registered
158 Posts

If that absolutely bothers you and is unacceptable, then it's probably time to focus on something else.

Agree that it's unreasonable to be getting upset over non-essential hobby items taking a long time to arrive. I don't personally have an issue with waiting -- I would be happy to wait several months or more to receive things, if that's how it needs to be at this time. The only times I get distressed is when I fear items have been lost -- and even then, I only care if it's something that's a unique or irreplaceable item. But at the same time, I also know that if something gets lost right now, it's probably my own fault for taking the risk. So the only person I'd be upset with is myself. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)

Who's being impatient? If you're referring to me, I'm not being impatient. I cancelled my order back in early January before this whole covid thing even took off this bad. It was for money reasons, not because of any sort of delay. To be completely honest, I've not put much thought into this whole 1/6 figure thing since a little while before that. I was just curious as to whether anyone here received their orders is all. I don't know why it didn't even cross my mind that this situation we're all in put a delay on everything, but it makes sense now that you've mentioned it.

Edit: I got my dates wrong. I cancelled it a little bit after making this thread, but nonetheless it was because of money reasons and at the time I just couldn't afford to pay for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I just bought a S22A figure, the secret part is not detailed, am I getting the correct product?

How to post a picture?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Muscle Jaw Fluid Gesture Eyelash

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Hair Joint Shoulder Window Neck

Am I getting the wrong item for a PLMB2017-S22A product code? as I search the S22A have a secret parts, what I'm getting is not a detailed parts. any comments about this item? am I get fooled by the seller?

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 408626

View attachment 408628

Am I getting the wrong item for a PLMB2017-S22A product code? as I search the S22A have a secret parts, what I'm getting is not a detailed parts. any comments about this item? am I get fooled by the seller?
Will let someone more experienced validate but I asked the same thing about an s09c from tbleague a few posts down.

The answer from a someone was yes, the seller was correct that the figure is accurate. So basically tbleague figures have taken a step backwards compared to the last updates under the phicen brand 2017 and earlier.

Can a more experienced person confirm?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Will let someone more experienced validate but I asked the same thing about an s09c from tbleague a few posts down.

The answer from a someone was yes, the seller was correct that the figure is accurate. So basically tbleague figures have taken a step backwards compared to the last updates under the phicen brand 2017 and earlier.

Can a more experienced person confirm?
I would consider Stryker2011 more experienced than myself in the years he has been a 1/6 figure collector and kitbasher. I concur with his reply to you in the other post with regards to your query of the S09C. And the answer is the same for this above S22A query. TBLeague's product provisions have changed over the years, and they do not seem to colour such details any more in their current productions, although the sculpted/molded details are the same. I do have the S07C pale, S23B suntan, the S32A pale and S33B suntan, all of which have the same issue that you have brought out in your query.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
The facts are correct as set out by Stryker2011 and Martian, one or both probably more experienced than myself. Whether or not this "confirms that TBL has taken a step backwards" is opinion not fact. I suspect that TBL decided that in a market where they want to compete with Hot Toys, and make pop culture icons like Vampirella, or posable versions of the ARH statues, the effort to maintain a stream of anatomically correct nude bodies is a different niche, and possibly a dead end. It's a design choice. And it doesn't mean they are putting any less effort into their figures, or keeping the same price for something that now delivers objectively poorer value. If you want them to continue with anatomicaly correct figures (and actually I kind of share your perspective) this is probably a disappointment. But it's not objectively condemnable as a "step backwards." I hope they do keep some anatomically correct figures, male and female, in the mix once in a while.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts