One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
THE BUTCHER (OSW Stuff:)
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yap that's right, it is the first time i'm using artificial light for camera work.

Lighting for taking photographs is too tough for me:sadpace. Worst of all all the basing imperfections could be seen so glaringly when taking close up shots.:knock

At least i've tried, i think i'll stick to taking shots with natural light...at least i could cheat a little with all those imperfections that come along with all my bashes..... the eye repaints, shading and stuff like that.:rolling

Photo time.

Have a drink? Anyone? Cheers!

Thanks folks for viewing.

·
THE BUTCHER (OSW Stuff:)
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kenneth, I do not see any problem at all! You are not happy with the result? This looks fantastic to me.
Hi Ray,

Actually the imperfections were on my bash! My 'kung fu' not good enough so when i snap close up shots the glare from the lights surfaced these unsightly blotches on the eyes, patches on the vest due to weathering not done quite right.

Will try to improve.:)

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Lol, now that you mention these dozens of imperfections, I SEE THEM ALL!

Just kidding. As an overall, the pictures, and your figure are superb. I like that he travels light and that he's been weathered and posed very well.
The little patches in the weathering, not very noticeable unless you tell us what to look for ;) I didn't even see them at first--all I said was 'niiice.'

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
I think you are being to hard on yourself. The figure looks great. As for your camera work it is good also. I would use a tri or bi pod with the camera to keep the camera from shaking. Also consider using the timer on the camera so you don't accidently shake it when snapping the picture.

When you take close ups and with a high pixel setting, you will always find issues just in the modes that are used by the vendors and the way the products are assembled. So, reduce the resolution on your close ups. Photoshop or Photoshop Element photo software can help eliminate so of these issues with the use of the SW filters.

Keep in mind, the best thing about taking pictures is you get to see your figure through another set of eyes, the camera's! Some things you see right off the bat and be able to correct. Other may just be in your head. You are doing good!

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
alamak ken... but then being critical of oneself is the way to move to the next level. Seriously, I really can't see much (if any at all) imperfection in your bash ie what need to be done are done, what need to be left alone are left alone.
And you finally found a bottle (of whisky nonetheless) for that pose you admire so much eh? :lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts