One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Just a cowboy singer
722 Posts
I have a spare 21st C one from their recently released Brit weapons set.....if you're interested let me know what you have in the way of Brit WWII items to trade....I am especially looking for older DML gaiters and web gear.....but am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, Azazel, and others!

The Hasbro SAS jeep is actually (and accurately) armed with Vickers K Guns. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickers_K_machine_gun

Williams Brothers, a now defunct model company, also put out a version of the Lewis in a variety of large scales (1/4, 1/6, 1/3) for RC aircraft. These are findable on evilBay.

Good luck on your quest for a Belgian Rattlesnake!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had seen a Williams Brothers Lewis Gun kit in my local hobby shop just a few weeks ago, so the post about them being out of business made me go look around.

It turns out that Williams Brothers is BACK in business, and they have both the Lewis Gun and the Vickers listed.

http://www.williamsbrothersmodelproducts.com/rc.html

Looking at their distributor list, MMD is listed, which is Squadron mail order, a very reputable firm.

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
I'm just wondering if anyone here knows of a source of a 1:6 Lewis Gun?

I've been looking on the 'bay for some time, but no luck..
You need to be clearer which Lewis you are looking for: the aircraft version (as made by Williams Bros.), or the infantry version (21C and Sideshow). The most obvious difference is the barrel, you can't mistake the infantry version with it's huge tube-like barrel shroud (the base for the T-21 Blaster carried by the Sandtroopers in Star Wars).

Gebhi, "I am looking for Lewis Gun or Star Wars T-21 blaster if anyone can help"

I don't think anyone has made a T-21 in 1:6 but it's not too hard to do yourself - if you are willing. Here's a link to a scratch built T-21 in 1:1 that you can use as a guide: http://www.tk409.com/tk409.html#. The photo of the "measurements for reference" and the "parts" section are the most helpful. Great site for detailed references on everything Storm/Sandtrooper and there's even a section on improving Hasbro's 12" figure.

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You need to be clearer which Lewis you are looking for: the aircraft version (as made by Williams Bros.), or the infantry version (21C and Sideshow). The most obvious difference is the barrel, you can't mistake the infantry version with it's huge tube-like barrel shroud (the base for the T-21 Blaster carried by the Sandtroopers in Star Wars).
Actually I don't. :lol
Aside from the fact that my initial post was made 7 months ago, some kindly OSWers got in contact with me and I managed to get hold of both the Sideshow and the 21C versions of said infantry weapon. :dancing

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I am surprised some enterprising company hasn't started selling these. From WW1 to Sci-Fi bashes people always want these things. 21st Century should just release theirs again. I have several but my soldiers refuse to part with them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.