One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
Very cool, but . . .

Let's put AFFORDABILITY back into the 1:6 hobby > Let's put the "action" back into the figure.

·
Head in the clouds...
1,454 Posts
Wonderful job, Mackiedog. What a fantastic project.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,031 Posts
#cdn_rhino, what you don't see is the hundreds of design iterations needed to achieve this final results:)
Is the body something you made yourself, or is that a production item? It's very welly done, and the miniaturization of the parts is very cool tech.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is the body something you made yourself, or is that a production item? It's very welly done, and the miniaturization of the parts is very cool tech.
@cdn_rhino, yes I designed and 3d printed the internal skeletal components. They are build-to-order based on my customer's required motions for their desired figures. Customer sends me the outfit and accessories, I build and program the figure ready to run, either in auto-run or RC (user controlled) configuration. You can learn more on: Log into Facebook

Pat L

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We are super impressed by your attention to detail on his utility vest and helmet! Awesome job!
@toynktoys , I can't take credit for the external figure details. Customer provided the figure- a stock Minitimes product. I simply built and programmed the internal animatronics and the winter diorama.

Pat L

·
Vendor
9 Posts
Still super impressed overall! Great job on the diorama and animatronics. Reminds me of when I used to program lego robots back in the day :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts