One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, last night my Detroit Red WIngs eliminated the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 6 of the 2007-2008 Stanley Cup Championship Finals!

Ozzy stood tall, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, and the rest closed down the Pen's offense and penetrated their defense.

The Wings now will hoist another Championship Banner, Number 11, to the rafters of the "Joe" next fall.

Here's to my Boys, who've earned are well-deserved rest for a couple of months before they lace up the Tacks and start it all over again next fall!

GO WINGS!!!!​

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
BOOOO.That made me punch the wall as I watched the last minutes of the game.

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Did it seem to anyone else that the refs were trying to give the last 2 games to the pens?
The boys deserve the cup, welcome home Lord Stanley !!!

Ill also give some kudos to the pens, with the exception of Roberts and Crosby, Guys like Gonchar, Talbot, Fleury and Hossa especially.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Aaron is sent to the penalty box....

I still don't completely get this somewhat obscure religion, but glad it makes some of you zealots happy.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Man I have been in the penelty box for along time.I am a Kings fan....for better or worse,and it seems like worse is the key word.

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Crappy coverage in the national news media, and the local paper. No surprise. This is a sport that doesn't suffer fools (no mugging for the camera and talking smack to the press, just to give a couple of examples), and attracts fans of the same ilk, so there isn't a lot of drama to report. No problem. That's part of why I love it.

Victory parade down Woodward Ave in downtown Detroit this AM! I'll be there in spirit.

Thanks for the kind words, Tat, NN and PD. Corranj, for a long, looonnnggg time, it wasn't easy being a Wings fan. The Kings front office is the most important factor in the teams' success.

Go Wings!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I concur with the assessment that the refs seem to be trying to extend the series. The problem that they have is that Greg Louganis (aka Crosby the diver/wuss/whiner/crybaby who got his bell rung) has been made the darling of the league even though we all know that Ovechkin is the best player in the league but isnt a pretty boy and hasnt fully grasped the language. My support was more AGAINST the Pens than for the Wings, but the Wings were the dominant force in the league this year and got what they earned despite having the most geriatric team in the league.

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
I havent gotten enough chances to watch Ovechkin but what i have seen he is awesome, looks to have all the factors to be the best one day.
Now being a die hard wings fan ill have to say that Zetterberg and especially Datsuyk may be the best in the NHL, offense comes easy to both but you wont find better defensive forwards in the league, Now if you want the best hockey player in the league plain and simple you have to go with Lidstrom, he is the Hockey God.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
My sister got a big kick watching the parade in Detroit ...............from her office window of course!

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
A well deserved win by Detroit and a tip of the cap to Pittsburgh for playing hard till their bitter end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.