·
buyer of all cool stuff..
281 Posts
A W E S O M E!

Dudeman:
I'm not worthy to look upon that!.
What a work of art. :thumb
Your talent is amazing. The headsculpt witht he "real" hair is soooo
realistic. The shot of Hicks in the tanktop looks like a real person.

Thanks for poting the pix and the step by step photos.

SoF Joe :hat

·
Registered
222 Posts
Too cool! I really love the 1:1 sculpt. Looks just like Michael Biehn. Is that a silicone cast with rooted human hair? Reminds me of Ron Mueck's hyper-realistic sculptures. The 1/6 scale head is also excellent.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Wow! Awesome very very cool - I was getting seriously freaked out by the 1:1 bust. Then I realized it was not 1:6 and that there was no reason for me to quit the hobby after all.

The 1:6 sculpt is super cool and in no way freaky.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks for your comments. Just making sure thought that I don't take credit for these works of art -- my friend Steve (WilySteve) from the U.K. made them. He also made a Hudson in 1:1 as well ! They were custom commissions. Then Steve got interested in 1/6 scale so he made the 1/6 Hicks on speculation that people would be interested. It's actually very very accurate facial feature-wise and is excellent for a first crack at 1/6 head sculpting. If the HS falls in the hands of one of the more talented customizers, I'm pretty sure the 1/6 Hicks would come-to-life (not to say that Steve's own paintjob is shabby in any way).

To answer the question regarding the 1:1 hair -- yes, it was "punched". It was even styled by a local stylist ..

Here he describes the material used for the 1:1 busts:
The busts are made from a really nice soft, translucent, tin catalysed silicone and they're painted and sealed with professional special effects makeup.

The facial hair - eyebrows, eyelashes and Hudsons goatee - can be painted on for a little bit extra but any hair punching will cost alot more. I would recommend that each person try their hand at punching hair themselves, as even the most amateur job would add more realism than painted hair in my opinion. As for the head, I would recommend punching in hairs around the hairline and adding a wig for the rest.

Each bust is cast on a hollow fibreglass core with a handy 32mm pipe connector fixed to the inside as a part of the casting process. This can be used for attaching a stand or attaching it to a mannequin.

The eyes come blank as a part of the fibreglass core and require a little filling where the screw holes are before painting. You can also drill them out and replace them with glass/acrylic eyes if you like. But you would need a little dremelling skill and you would have to be careful of the silicone. Also be careful as the fibreglass can be sharp

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.