One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My WiP of my custom Zoey from Left 4 Dead. This my attempt at the beta version of her when valve barely released the very first footage of the game.

Reference is extremely difficult to aquire on certain parts, like her gear , boots, and gloves, but im sure ill manage.

So these are pics of the project in its early stages. I will be updating this thread when more progress is made, so be sure to subscribe or stay in touch. ;)

To begin with, this is her body. hot toys BSAA jill true type body with underwear.

Standard 1/6 red sweater with hoodie. In the beta version, zoey wears a sweater similar to this, however the sweater is a little too big, so ill be attempting to shrink it with hot water maybe?

HOT TOYS BSAA jill's pants. Best looking pants i can aquire, However, zoey's pants are khaki colored. Nothing some fabric paint cannot fix.

Heres the current setup. The sweater is a little baggy, hope i can make it smaller by shrinking. -_-

Good ol' fabric paint. :)

Using a spare broken body, Zoey's pants are in the process of becoming khaki. Must wait 74 hours for the results though. -_-

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
This is great! I like Zoey (and the rest of the L4D cast) and seeing her in 1/6 would be awesome!

Now, some :popcorn - I'll be following this project.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is great! I like Zoey (and the rest of the L4D cast) and seeing her in 1/6 would be awesome!

Now, some :popcorn - I'll be following this project.
Glad to hear it! :D
ill be putting some pics this week so stay tuned. ;)

im just waiting for her stockings to arrive and im currently sculpting her hair.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heres some more WIP, so far this project is nearly done.

Here is the main project so far.

The weathering has been done with various painting techniques and washes. Research has been done to make them as realistic as possible.

Went with the HOT TOYS John Connor boots since they looked absolutelly "perfect" for this custom. Added some mud effects to them as well.

Regular HOT TOYS SWAT kneepads. Look ok.

Went with the HOT TOYS SGT barnes rifle since its exactly the same as the in-game rifle.

Her webgear. Still needs work. (weathering, etc.)

Now, the main part, the headsculpt. This was the trickiest part since a good HS never comes easy, i managed to find this one, but sadly, she had blonde rooted hair. I decided to sculpt her hair, and believe me, easier said than done. I am trying to make the hair strands as thin as possible, so yeah. :/

So far this is whats going on.
Expect more updates soon! :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking really cool so far. The weathering has got a 3A feel to it.
Thanks, Thats kind of what im going for and also that the in-game characters were gritty and dirty.
Now all i need is to make her base, complete the hair sculpt, paint it and im done. -_-

Almost there.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
I'd swap out the rifle, since in both games it's an M16A2, not a XM177E2

Otherwise, very cool so far.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd swap out the rifle, since in both games it's an M16A2, not a XM177E2

Otherwise, very cool so far.
DOH! your right. u.u
Know any figure that has this rifle with tac light and etc? xDD

I knew something was off!. lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Super weathering!
Thanks!, i tried and make the weathering as realistic as possible. I started with sweat stains, armpits, the chest area and back.
Then i started to "yellow-ize" or fade the clothes to give the illusion she's been out in the sun too long and basically everywhere and the clothes have started to lose their color. Then blood splatter, iv seen people paint a bright red on their customs as blood splatter and really, that gives away the illusion, blood coagulates and is almost irrimovable from clothes. So i did that with a brown reddish paint, the random weathering like dirt, grit, coal, smoke, etc. Since she's been basically in any situation, the weathering has no rules, yet you have to be careful if you want "realism" and consistency.

Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Nbernie72?feature=mhee

1 - 20 of 27 Posts