One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Taking a little break till my Tan Fabric comes in for a Steve Commission. *Which should be in today!*

So!! I went ahead and started on a Little Experiment build using Fake leather. This stuff is HARD on needles.... But it is a project I been planning to do for sometime. Mainly to make a bunch of them to sell.

But also for the Sci-Fi Fantasy build series I been working on.

So Far! It's not bad and the BASIC Pattern I am using is from a deviant Arts person. All that been change from the pattern is well.. Pockets, the collar, and the Elbow guards, the Epetlets *things on the shoulder.*

Right now I am waiting on Zippers, Velcro, sliky lining and snaps. All from Hong Kong. So a week wait.

Pattern I am using with Modifications.

The field jacket Project.

The Back

The Front.

Sleeve

Sleeves are on.

Elbow Guards and Collar

Bottom Pockets.

Pockets coming together.

Just some more.

Soo!!! Here the ideal I have while experiment.....

I was looking at my British Battle Jacket and I just LOVE the look of the chest zippers. So that's what I am doing to this jacket.

SO! Here I go. Another build which is NOW on pause till my order's come in from HK.

I hope you guys enjoy watching this build and more to come.
Top Pockets added. *Redid the pocket on the left side. I did tear the front piece. The cool thing about Fake leather!!!! It's is forgiving with super glue repair.*

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pierrebelgium: Merci beaucoup!!! :D Well done with your Jacket too!!! :)

Spyder: Thank you Spyder!!!

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
Nice work!! Looks like Bane's bike jacket. Sewing the same stuff myself by hand, it's the older for fragile pleather that seperates and rips, fun, fun, fun and glue as you mentioned although I'm using Bison Kit glue especially for leathers etc..

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shovelchop: Bison glue! I need to check that stuff out. I been using like.. Hobby Lobby Clone version of Zap. Eek.. Hand sewing.. Reading that just made my fingers go ouch. :p Good luck man! I like to see some updates on that Jacket. :D

PontiacIvan: Thank you sir! :D

Gubernatorfan: I am making a Liner for the inside of the jacket. That's been one of my questions since I started the Experiment project. Was the Bleeding. I am wondering if that stuff will bleed though the Lining? Thank you for the comment! :D

Guys, I just picked up new needles yesterday to deal with the Fake Leather. So, I hope it doesn't tear up my Brothers Sewing Machine. I think I'm going to switch over to the oldy Singer I have that is all STEEL!

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
Shovelchop: Bison glue! I need to check that stuff out. I been using like.. Hobby Lobby Clone version of Zap. Eek.. Hand sewing.. Reading that just made my fingers go ouch. :p Good luck man! I like to see some updates on that Jacket.
LOL, hand sewing is fine as long as you keep your needles sharp and fingers out of the way! Just doesn't look as good as your machine work by any means. Stitched a finger to a piece of fabric once and wondered what was going on as I hadn't used any glue! :lol Talking of glue, Bison Kit is great but you might need to order it through eBay, not sure how readily available it is in the USA. The jacket is finished by the way, thanks for checking out my thread!:thumb

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
That is utterly fantastic! Wow, it’s really cool. What patience you have. Well worth the effort! You might want to try the next jacket with thinned down glove leather. It will not rip as easily.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the comment Unifetish.

Actually I bought some 1 oz Leather during the year. Just been so busy with life and a job that I haven't had the time to make another one. Sadly the leather still sits in is nice little bag too. *shakes head* I might give this project another shot. This time using a Metal doll zipper and re-plan it using some sort of liner.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Nice work.

There is actually plenty of real leather out there even thinner than one once that
would work well with this project. And cost difference is very little. The leather guy(ebay store) has a lot to pick from.
The Leather Guy | eBay Stores

And there are a few others. I found once you go real leather, you never go back...:lol

·
Eagle Eye Joe
2,545 Posts
Nice work.

There is actually plenty of real leather out there even thinner than one once that
would work well with this project. And cost difference is very little. The leather guy(ebay store) has a lot to pick from.
The Leather Guy | eBay Stores

And there are a few others. I found once you go real leather, you never go back...:lol
Could not agree more than this post!

·
Registered
783 Posts
When my wife was sewing some canvas for one of my military vehicles she found some coated needles, not sure what they were coated with but it made sewing that really thick canvas much easier. The jacket came out great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts