One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A situation developed last night, with a member posting a thread alleging misconduct by another member. Staff became aware of the issue this morning, and the thread was moved, pending further information and establishing comms with the parties involved.

At this point, the thread has been placed out of member view, due to a number of factors:

_ The alleged misconduct was stated to have happened off site.

_ The status of individuals stated to have been involved was not established beyond a basic statement, particularly whether or not they were OSW members.

_ The nature of the posting, i.e. posted late, followed by the immediate departure of the poster, is subject to suspicion itself.

_ Perhaps most importantly, no member of staff was contacted by the poster BEFORE they posted. That goes against the trust that staff has placed in the members, and indicates the poster decided to take matters into their own hands.

_____________________________​

This is to point out that members must take care in laying charges of serious nature against other members. The matter is far too serious to be gone about in this manner.

At this point, I would advise that, much like in court, those who have read the removed thread should disregard that testimony.

Mike

-----

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,822 Posts
I saw the thread last night.

I'll sound like a wuss for posting/saying this, but I felt uneasy about the origin of the thread.

If anyone is going to accuse a member of this forum as a bad/rogue trader, then clear facts of the case must be prepared and presented and the staff notified of such a posting before it's posted.

As much as of some of us (myself included) maybe quick to judge and call out for the rope, gasoline, and torches . . . there is a protocol and process to follow whether some may agree or not.

I guess with periodic postings of bad deals, trades, etc. we tend one to get tired and weary of such things and feel anger that a fellow a collector got screwed over.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I missed that thread (I don't think I missed much though), so I'm wondering, what's the purpose of THIS thread? To just notify people that the thread in question is no longer available for most of us and spare the mods tons of questions?

Even if this clears up things for those who saw the thread, it sure confuse the rest of us.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I read the original posting and it was....inflammatory.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The purpose is to point out the problem with such posts. As an admin, I'll admit that in retrospect, I should have just removed it immediately. Unfortunately, I did not have a good cold start on this one, as this sort of post/thread is rare these days.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
If they were to tell you, then the purpose of pulling the thread would be pointless now, wouldn't it.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I read it. It was bogus accusations of a member towards one of our well respected member. He accused the respected member about allegations/events that happened long long time ago, just about the same time wherein this respected member had been accumulating positive trade references and still accumulating more.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
If they were to tell you, then the purpose of pulling the thread would be pointless now, wouldn't it.
but the title itself is incendiary. It generates interest. It draws you in it peaks your curiosity. Its not titled "MYOB, nothing to see here, move along"

I read it. It was bogus accusations of a member towards one of our well respected member. He accused the respected member about allegations/events that happened long long time ago, just about the same time wherein this respected member had been accumulating positive trade references and still accumulating more.
That helps a little. Thanks.
Sooooo Who ? When ? Where ? What ?

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
PK's reason for this post for those of you still asking questions is that before you run off and start a thread accusing someone, you best talk with staff first!

This thread we speak of is just one of many that staff have had to deal with, which we could have avoided all of if members contacted us first!

So the public service announcement in all of this is : CONTACT STAFF FIRST if you have a problem with any member(s) on this forum...

thank you

Andy
OSW Staff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts