One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Running from explosions
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let me preface this story a bit. I work for a multi-billion dollar company, with over 1,000 employees in seven distribution warehouses across the US. We have been investing in new technologies such as a computerized voice picking system for order filling. We get a monthly news letter with various goings on in the company. Today the new issue was out at lunch and I flip to a story about a virtualy operated forklift. The idea is that a person could be sitting in safety while operating the lift with a pair of goggles and two gloves (we recently had someone get pinned to a rack with a forklift). Me and my friends are reading through this and are just in shock in how immpractical this sounds, but they mention names and other things that make it sound feasible. Then I get down to the last paragraph and it talks about the huge investment in this technologie while we have had hours cut due to the economic downturn. I get to the last line and I can't even remember what it said, I just saw the words Aprils fool. I was so pissed I ripped up the newsletter and whipped across the table. Then I laughed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.