One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently received a custom MGSV Quiet head sculpt some time ago, thought I'd use this head on the Mr.Toys Sexy Sniper kit, instead of the head it came with. But then had a change of heart and decided to make Lara Croft instead.

I went with the Desert Eagle as her main weapon of choice (couldn't find ones that resemble her trademark dual pistols). (Also, ordered a pair, but sadly only one arrived) She'll be dual wielding as soon as the other one arrives.

Here's her tools:
- Frag grenade
- Smoke grenade
- Flashlight w. holster
- Compass
- Medic pouch
- Rope/Tourniquet
- Purple chem light

- Magazine pouch w. assorted mags

Next is a leather harness I made for her, I've place a small magnet hidden under the back strap. Originally was planning on having a small backpack that attaches magnetically, but the bag I ordered was way too oversized.

So now the magnet holds her rifle instead.

Here's some close-up of the face:

I would love to hear what you guys think, any advice or criticism is highly appreciated.
Thanks for looking :)

[Update] 20th Jan 2017

Scratch-built backpack completed. Here's the process:

Made from scrap pieces of leather. The bag is comprised of 3 pieces glued together:

Next, I stitched the edges to hide the choppiness from gluing. Then I painted it:

Metal clasp added, the clasp fastens close with magnets:

Here's how it looks on her. The bag is attached to the harness with magnets, and the gun is also attached to the bag with magnets:

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
Re: Lara Croft (Phicen) Kitbash

Awesome!

Superb!

Wonderful!

Lara lives again in 1:6!

Thank you for posting/sharing!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Love what you've done with this figure! Very nice choice for the head sculpt; I think it really makes the character. Are you still planning on giving her a backpack? It looks like Lara chooses her equipment carefully, and only takes what she needs.
Definitely, I'm currently working on the backpack's design

I kinda miss this "version" of Lara (big chested), too bad that now enix has to be "political correct"... amazing custom btw! XD
I completely agree, loved the versions from TR Legend and Underworld. But I gotta say, the reboot was quite enjoyable

Awesome!

Superb!

Wonderful!

Lara lives again in 1:6!

Thank you for posting/sharing!
Outstanding! Love the magnetic trick to carry the rifle. Maybe not "realistic" but closer to the video games which can be just as important. Great work!
Thank you so much :)

sexy, my only critique is why no muscle body? i always thought Laura as an athlete.
Yes, this was one of the dilema I faced when deciding which body.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

Mighty damn nice work, indeed.

Very original thinking on the components.

·
Registered
19 Posts

She looks great. The head sculpt is fantastic. The outfit is incredible. I love the belt. It puts Batman's to shame. I would love to have seen her with a backpack, but having the rifle magnetically attach back there is great too. Nicely done. I want one!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Lara Croft (Phicen) Kitbash [Updated 20th Jan 2017] Backpack Added

Thank you guys for all your feedback and interest. I've been meaning to post an update on the backpack for sometime now, but I've been away for quite a while. Anyways, it's finally complete, and I've posted an update in the original post up top.

Thanks again for looking :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts