One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lara croft, either from the Louvre level of Angel of Darkness, or the raid level in Chronicles...

And the wetsuit from the second movie

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
Is the first outfit the SCI-FLY 2.0 suit from Triad Toys?

They both look FAB!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!

Yes, it's the sci fly 2.0 from triad toys. I did a trade for it. Instead of all this "nite out" stuff that they re run, I wish we could have had a rerun of these.

·
12,891 Posts
Thanks!!

Yes, it's the sci fly 2.0 from triad toys. I did a trade for it. Instead of all this "nite out" stuff that they re run, I wish we could have had a rerun of these.
--

They'll probably do an inferior/questionable run of the outfit and call it SCI-FLY 3.0 that will not be worth the $ like they did with the last run of the NITE OUT sets (i.e. cheap & quick).

:dunce

·
Why so serious?
292 Posts
Can´t look too long at these pictures. Make my juices...uhm...well. Nice work. :applause

The head of the catsuit.figure? From which producer is it? TIA!

Bernd

·
12,891 Posts
Can´t look too long at these pictures. Make my juices...uhm...well. Nice work. :applause

The head of the catsuit.figure? From which producer is it? TIA!

Bernd
--

If you're referring the "wetsuit", the head sculpt is from FLIRTY GIRL COLLECTIBLES.

The first head sculpt appears to be a custom repainted & re-rooted head sculpt of the "blonde" OTAKU 1.0/1.1 figure from Triad Toys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all!

They'll probably do an inferior/questionable run of the outfit and call it SCI-FLY 3.0 that will not be worth the $ like they did with the last run of the NITE OUT sets (i.e. cheap & quick).
Sadly, you're probably right. That's what happened with the wetsuit.

Regards to the heads, the silver suited Lara is indeed the Flirty Girl World traveller head, the black suited girl is Triad's Lola, rerooted and given new make up. the Otaku 1.0 / 1.1 is the same headsculpt but different painting. I think Lola looks slightly older, which seemed appropriate somehow for my mid thirties age range for Lara

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Very nice, indeed.

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
Nice black bodysuit Lara custom! The silver suit one is nice, too, other than the guilt-by-association that comes with the Angelina Jolie movies ;).

Sadly, you're probably right. That's what happened with the wetsuit.
Well, I like the newer 2-piece wetsuit that Triad put out recently, but why they didn't re-release the earlier one-piece wetsuits (or even the earlier multi-piece, authentic wetsuits) is beyond me.

·
12,891 Posts
Nice black bodysuit Lara custom! The silver suit one is nice, too, other than the guilt-by-association that comes with the Angelina Jolie movies ;).

Well, I like the newer 2-piece wetsuit that Triad put out recently, but why they didn't re-release the earlier one-piece wetsuits (or even the earlier multi-piece, authentic wetsuits) is beyond me.
--

What newer two piece wetsuit that Triad put out recently are you referring to?

:dizzy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all.

DFC, he means the one I modded to make a Sideshow Lara wetsuit, DFC. The one with a separate top and pants.

The top closed with Velcro, a silly decision IMO, but understandable for cost reasons I suppose. I hated the Velcro, and disliked the fact that the thing was two piece in the first place, instead of a proper one piece wetsuit, but with a bit of modding, it was ok.

I still always preferred the look of the old triad sci-fly 2.0, but until today, had never gotten my greedy little mitts on one.

·
12,891 Posts
Thanks all.

DFC, he means the one I modded to make a Sideshow Lara wetsuit, DFC. The one with a separate top and pants.

The top closed with Velcro, a silly decision IMO, but understandable for cost reasons I suppose. I hated the Velcro, and disliked the fact that the thing was two piece in the first place, instead of a proper one piece wetsuit, but with a bit of modding, it was ok.

I still always preferred the look of the old triad sci-fly 2.0, but until today, had never gotten my greedy little mitts on one.
--

I apologize. I can't remember.

Do you have the link for the pictures?

DAMN . . . I got so much <CENSORED>ing stuff from Triad before they went downhill . . . it's hard to keep track at times.

·
12,891 Posts
AH . . .

OH . . .

That outfit is in two pieces?

DAMN . . .

WELL . . .

I feel stupid.

:dunce

I believe ordered a few of each (female & male version), but never got around to opening/using any of them (thus far).

:doh

The biggest and most valid complaint about that outfit was that Triad Toys went [email protected]$$ using apparently sh*tty velcro instead of a zipper. I remember discussing this personally with Louie/Triad Toys at the time and was specifically told that velcro was aesthetic better and cheaper compared to a zipper?

In retrospect, the outfit could have been better with a zipper. I think the zipper could have been used instead of the velcro for the same price, but it's all rather moot now. I stated the preceding based on comments & feedback from fellow collectors who actually opened & used their outfits.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
No human head can do what hers is doing in many of the pictures, which are in Linda Blair territory. But apart from that one minor nitpick, which makes the pictures look kinda off, she's pretty impressive in many ways.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No human head can do what hers is doing in many of the pictures, which are in Linda Blair territory
I realised this. :doh

I was actually going for the back shot where the girl turns around her torso and looks over her shoulder...but the back of the suit didn't seem as interesting...what with the pony in the way...so I ended up with that.

Chung - I agree...it would definitely be better with a zipper. And maybe some of the real wetsuit guys could answer this, doesn't a two part wetsuit kind of defeat the object of having a wetsuit on in the first place? Don't they have to be one piece? I dunno, but I always though so

1 - 20 of 22 Posts