1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found her,
ordered her,
got her in the mail.
Yeah,,, the body needs to be swapped out.

Has anybody ever done it? If so, what should I be cautious with? The zipper on her back looks like it was sealed with the companies hot glue gun. Any way if anyone has any tips for me, I'm reading... thanks.

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,088 Posts
I think AFM did one. Do a search here.
Thanks brother. You are correct my friend. No need to search for her. Here you go my friend.

DSC05863 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05864 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05865 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

You will have to cut her out of the suit. I glued it back but if I had to do it again, I would have sewed the suit back up. I also used the small breasted Phicen body. I might take a S23. Not sure though. Hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks brother. You are correct my friend. No need to search for her. Here you go my friend.

DSC05863 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05864 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05865 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

You will have to cut her out of the suit. I glued it back but if I had to do it again, I would have sewed the suit back up. I also used the small breasted Phicen body. I might take a S23. Not sure though. Hope that helps you out.
Oh ok. I've seen your pictures on Google images while looking up customized Lady Katana. I did try to search for it on here but, it only came up, Lady Bat lol. This forum has lost it allure. But, anyway,,, Toys Era really did a number on the zipper. I think I'll leave her as is. Pose her, then leave her alone. Great job on your figure body swap.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I did it. I gave her a new Hot Toys body. The zipper was a little no fun lol But, I was able to make it zip up. Story is I used a zipper pull from an old coat and once I got it all the way up, I forgot to seal the ends. So, it won't split on her and of course it did. After three hours of messing with it, I got it for the second time. But, the zipper pull looked ugly behind her head so I glued it together and it's on to stay.

And I also gave her a sized and fitted belt and Deadpools Katana swords. They look better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hear ya. We use whatever is on hand, You're a true basher buddy.
I had a similar experience with mine, shes still on her base body even though its midsection articulation is damaged and overall the body looks awful in the suit. I tried a TBleague body but was unable to get it to fit in the suit. might try different sizes.

I threw a new head on mine as well, the head it comes with is pretty meh IMO.

another example of a figure that you buy for the equipment and outfit then upgrade as you go, I may try the suggested body in this thread but only because mine has a broken body. otherwise I would highly suggest you just leave her alone. the zipper in the back is not a functioning zipper and held together with glue. you wont be able to remove the suit without needing to do some work to reseal the back area.

Will post a pic of mine here soon, see what you guys think of my head swap!:wink

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like I said, It took me hours to get it zipped up again. Once I did, I glued it shut. The zipper pull was ugly behind her head so I pulled it off an sealed it up, tucked it up under her head. You just have to spend hair dryer time melting the glue and use a zipper pull if you have one, to get her back together again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts