One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WARNING!!! If you're a stitch nazi, go away. The field grey on half of my stuff really sucks. I did alot of experimenting, and I finally got a mx right late in the build.

This is my newest rebuild, of DiD's great Kurt Dorr. Most of the uniform is DiD and toys city, but here's the main rebuilds of the entire project-
Headsculpt and bbi boots repainted
DiD canteen w/ DML cup, repainted, with custom made straps, made of old DiD suspenders.
Messkit, gas mask canister, barrel carrier, e-tool, MG, and close combat knife repainted and weathered. The straps on the barrel carrier and gasmask canister were custom made. The barrel carrier was made of leather, gasmask carrier from thin, painted, nylon webbing.
The MG kept falling off the figure, so i eventually resorted to tieing it to the belt with some webbing, which cant be seen, except form the bottom of hte figure.
I don't have any good face veils, and I'm still waiting on one to be shipped (along w/ another dorr sculpt) which will be put on when it arries.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice. How did you do the hands?
thanks. The painting and modifications are as follows-
The hand was dipped in acetone to remove the finish on them, then I added subtle red & blue pastel.

The modification is different than normal "modifications" to my tt hands (which diesnt modify the hands, but a rifle sling).
I took my dremel, and drilled a small hold on either side of the hand, about 3/16ths of an inch deep. I then took a piece of wire (I lost the handle for the MG drum mag carrier) and heated it w/ my blowtorch ujntil it was orange. I quickly jammed it into the hole, which sinks it in about another 1/8th inch. I bent the wire to shape, and it's done.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I've been wprking on lotsa rebuilds, and will be doing a rebuild of a previous project next time.

I got bored and I made a cheap "photoshop". I dont have photoshop, so I used MS paint instead and converted it to B&W on Irfanview.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys

Nice use of your best painted HS as of yet das. I have a question though...how do you paint your beards? Just smudge some grinded up pastel?
For the beards, I grind up a charcoal pastel (i also use graphite for a light beard) and apply it with a paintbrush. To reduce smearing, I blow off all the excess, and wipe off any thats left with a soft cotton swab until its as light as i need. Then a coat of sealer holds it all together.

Excellent looking Kurt. Don't worry about having the "right" shade of field grey, because there is no such thing. Real field grey garments vary in shade from grey to brownish to green. Here's some original "field grey" items.
Your right. I've got some uniforms (and I've seen that ATF image many times), an old M36 (late 70's repro), M43 and 38 field caps (both used in the movie Stalingrad) and a Heer pattern panzerwrap (stitch nazi's hate it, because it has SS insignia, and even worse, my collar tabs are machine sewn on, eagle by hand), and none of them match. The field caps and panzerwrap are close, but the m43 is greyer.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys. My camera kinda dilutes the colors, but it looks alot better on my shelf.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts