One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pullstring Talker
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Kumik body yesterday, I put the "Michelle" head which was repainted by me on it. I really like this body, the materials are a nice quality but I did have to do some work on it, I bought her as a DIY project so it didn't bother me, there was a lot of plastic flashing that I had to cut off. I blushed the body with an airbrush and acrylics, I never painted squishy vinyl before so I'm not sure how well the paint will hold up on the squishy vinyl...we shall see. I wish the elbows had double joints but I like the body so I'm willing to forgive. The gloved hands that came with it were tacky like the paint didn't fully cure before it was packed, I'm letting it air out to see if it will dry more. otherwise I'll just repaint it.

1/6 Body Comparison

·
Pullstring Talker
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nicely done! I'll be curious to see how well the acrylics hold up. What brands/colors did you use? I've tried some in the past on other flexible bodies with varying levels of success...
I did the blushing with Liquitex acrylic paints and an airbrush. I used deep portrait pink with a little red added to it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
great face repaint!, maybe you need to spray more pink around the neck area to blend the head more to the body, is their knee that different in colorwith the rest of the body?

·
Pullstring Talker
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great face repaint!, maybe you need to spray more pink around the neck area to blend the head more to the body, is their knee that different in colorwith the rest of the body?
Yes, the plastic on the knees and elbow balls are a different color :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts