One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Amazon Warrior
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so I was cruising E-bay and found this almost seamless Kumik. I wonder what the range of motion would be like.
Thought's?

G

·
If it looks that cheaply constructed on the promo pics, i can't help but wonder about the quality (or lack of) in the final product...

·
Amazon Warrior
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beastx
That was my question. If they used the same ruber they used on the body deffinatly Not!
I'm wondering if it would be like a "Jakks Pacific" arm and leg. Not very mobile and would'nt keep it's pose.
I have the HT Ada and she keeps her pose nicely.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have four observations:

1) Leg sculpt is nice (knees are way better)
2) Neck area is much less severe than 1.0
3) Color seems a bit more pink and natural? Maybe it's just the lighting though
4) Totally does not look like the seamless areas are bendable...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Looks like they are trying to copy the ADA wong body with minor modifications

But they are using the same shiny bendy plastic they use for the chest and waist.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,917 Posts
So this would explain the seamless body they're using for their Lara Croft full figure set.

Seamless arms & legs on a solid body. It's nothing innovative or new.

SO . . . when will see a bootleg/clone of this from another known and/or unnamed company?

I wonder if VERYCOOL is going to follow suit? PLAY TOY?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Has anyone used Kumik bodies and found them to be okay? I'm only asking because from the photos here alone this looks really cheap. The milling (or lack of milling) of the edges reveals a lot about the overall quality of workmanship here. Part of the reason I bring up this question is because if the arms and legs are articulated under the outer skin I would imagine that the joints would be under a lot of pressure and likely to fail over time and also under such tension that they wouldn't hold a pose anyway. A cheap body with high expectations is a recipe for disaster.

·
12,917 Posts
I purchased one of the default/regular female body last year (KUMIK 1.0).

It's OK and average. I know this sounds odd, but the Triad Toys ALPHA & TAKARA TOMY CG 2.0 is superior to the KUMIK.

I'd say the FGC 1.0 female body is superior to the KUMIK. The HOT TOYS female body is superior to the KUMIK.

I've read the body color starts turning grey. In addition, the body has a very odorous scent of plastic/rubber and will take a while to air out.

Moreover, it will not necessarily stand on it's own support for too long.

I plan to sell mine sooner or later.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Has anyone used Kumik bodies and found them to be okay? I'm only asking because from the photos here alone this looks really cheap. The milling (or lack of milling) of the edges reveals a lot about the overall quality of workmanship here. Part of the reason I bring up this question is because if the arms and legs are articulated under the outer skin I would imagine that the joints would be under a lot of pressure and likely to fail over time and also under such tension that they wouldn't hold a pose anyway. A cheap body with high expectations is a recipe for disaster.
You're right, but that is true for all bodies with seamless joints. They will crack over time, especially if left bent in display.

I have Kumik 1.0. I bought it out of curiosity. It was affordable for sure, and it does what I planned it for, which was a base body that is covered completely in clothes. It's great for petite characters. But as it is, it doesn't look good. The plastic used is shiny. The knees look horrendous and the arms are flimsy. Articulation is good though.

This v.2 looks better than the first. Seems that it put on a bit of meat from v.1. Hehehe. I like the proportions in this, maybe a bit wide on the hips, but I like it. I am skeptical about the material. If you are going to hide it using gear and clothes, it should be a good enough base body. I'd imagine the price would be acceptable.

---

·
Registered
287 Posts
DeltaForceChung is mostly correct about the KUMIK. The color on them is difficult to match and requires blushing/repainting, and they are poorly trimmed and need to be fixed manually.

Despite all of this, I like the Kumik better than my other CG, TTL, PlayToy, Alpha, Otaku, New Custom No Name One, and Phicen 4.0 for one reason, fit. All the newer more realistic clothing sets FIT the Kumik much more realistically than the other bodies. I've been waiting for more realistic looking female figures for a long time, and all my old attempts and purchases are sitting in a bin whereas I've learned to fix up my Kumiks to start looking much more realistic, in a way where they can start belonging in the same case as my Hot Toys. For the kinds of figures I prefer, they have the best chest and stomach mold out there. They also happen to be one of the sturdiest female bodies out there (I contend they are absolutely the sturdiest female body out there actually).

·
Registered
665 Posts
Despite all of this, I like the Kumik better than my other CG, TTL, PlayToy, Alpha, Otaku, New Custom No Name One, and Phicen 4.0 for one reason, fit. All the newer more realistic clothing sets FIT the Kumik much more realistically than the other bodies. I've been waiting for more realistic looking female figures for a long time, and all my old attempts and purchases are sitting in a bin whereas I've learned to fix up my Kumiks to start looking much more realistic, in a way where they can start belonging in the same case as my Hot Toys. For the kinds of figures I prefer, they have the best chest and stomach mold out there. They also happen to be one of the sturdiest female bodies out there (I contend they are absolutely the sturdiest female body out there actually).
I agree. I've recently switched to Kumik (for most bases) and they are solid as a rock. Discolouration aside they are my favourite... ATM.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
ADDENDUM: At least with this v.2 you can show off the arms and legs! Just not so keen on the skin color and how easy -- or hard -- it is to match a head with it. I mean, even their own product shot with their own headsculpt the skin tones do not match!

For its price ($20+ range) that's great. For the type of figures I want to use it for, it's good enough for me. When you think about it, it could be a workhorse in your stable of kitbashes.

·
Figure Dissector
2,041 Posts
According to iyiyyy... the elbows and knees articulates..

It would be nice if he shows some photos so we can judge the aesthetics when bent... self evaluation before purchase

the arms are thick though..... with veins...

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Kumik 1.0 body was not very good. Weird plastic, the ones I got smelled really bad, and the paint job it came with rubbed off very easily.

I wouldn't get a 2.0, personally.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
The Kumik 1.0 body was not very good. Weird plastic, the ones I got smelled really bad, and the paint job it came with rubbed off very easily.

I wouldn't get a 2.0, personally.
I remember the post about the bad smelling Kumiks. Hehehehe. Was it an isolated incident? Or others have reported it? It may not have been the manufacturer's fault.

As it is, the v.1 is not good. It shouldn't be compared side by side with a Phicen or an HT even. But as a base body it works. You can pack in gears and layers of clothes without much effort. As long as it's covered it gets the job done.

This v.2 seems to be a hybrid of sorts. You can cover it up or show a bit of skin. The problem is the skin color when matching with existing heads. Will they be releasing variants with different tones in the future?

Waiting on the price..

G

·
I have one of the kumiks too. I love it for the price. The finish isn't the best either. I went over mine with a blade and some fine sand paper (took the pointed nipples off and the mould lines) and it looks a lot better now. She's survived a few parties with my daughters Barbies now and the joints are still stiff enough to pose. Also switched arms and legs with the Hot Toys Selena Kyle but they weren't a tight enough fit to do much posing.

·
12,917 Posts
I believe KUMIK needs to remain focused on their head sculpts (i.e. improvements) instead of their body designs.

Considering how some may feel about $50.00 to $60.00 KUMIK head sculpts being worth $25.00 to $35.00, we apparently know where the $25.00 is being focused on (i.e. the bodies) instead of their heads.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts