One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Russia 1943, Kroenen is dispatched to the Eastern front to recover the legendary blade of Roland, Durendal. The Russians have also dispatched a company of men to excavate the ruins of Kur Abbey to retrieve the sword.

The Nazi's needed the metal from the legendary blade to cast a special object of both science and magic to open the gateway to bring about Ragnarok.

Here Kroenen stalks his prey amongst the dark corridors of the ruined church...

A few highlighted details. Hands were from the Hot Toys SAW Gunner with a few mods and a repaint. The shoulder rank boards were scratch built using strings and loose pips. The collar tabs were from DiD. His helmet was modified using the sling from a DiD MP40.

Severed hands were made using spare dragon hands and some citidel green stuff.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Figure Breakdown:

Headsculpt: Original SS Kroenen head with the sides trimmed to give the mask a better fit.

Mask: Original SS Kroenen mask with the straps modified.

Body: Hot Toys

Uniform: Dragon Stug Crew

Hands: Modified and repainted Hot Toys

Boots: Newline

Insignia/Medals: Custom Shoulder Rank, DiD collar tabs, DiD Nazi armband, Dragon obergefreiter chevrons and DiD medals.

Pistol: Dragon Luger and Newline Holster.

Sword: Mononofu blade repainted and custom leather and chain mounts added.

Belt: Dragon SS officer's belt(Nico Hahn)

Finally finished it! It was almost destroyed due to a bit of an unintentional pyrotechnic display. I had just finished putting the fig together and was applying liquid hair spray to the collars to stiffen them up and to hold the shape. Just when I thought the collar was in perfect position I spied a stray thread poking out and got the lighter out to burn it off. It burned off nicely and as I lay the figure back on the table and sighed contentedly at a job well done I noticed a brown patch starting to spread around the right collar...right where the SS Eagle was...yep, that's when I learnt that liquid hairspray has alcohol in it. Lucky, I managed to find some acrylic paint that patched it up nicely.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
That is really cool! I am loving all of these Kroenen figures lately. Your version is an excellent upgrade to Sideshow's versions.

Now I want to make one! :fit

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys!

I'll be doing a couple more bashes of different Nazi-era Kroenens. Next one's gonna be a young Kroenen circa 1930 as part of Hitler's enigmatic personal guard Die Eisenhunde.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Uncle Krony vants du!

Sorry, couldn't resist...it was either that or Vader's "I find your lack of faith disturbingz..."

1 - 20 of 44 Posts