One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leo, Kneejoint, Thank you. We're not quite done with OL'Kraus. We kinda had to finish him quik for the contest. I was still painting his sword the night before we had to leave for Vegas. I want to add some more detail to his sword and boots. Plus Laura has a black tunic with dragons on it she made for him. He was inspired by the great work Storm has done with his Drow.
Thanks again,
Paul

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Neova said:
Really unique! The Drow rule!

Did you spraypaint the full body or was it dyed in some way?

Keep it up. Would love to see a fantasy group bash one day with Storm's group.
He is sprayed with the vinyl auto interior paint. We found that trying to dye figures often ends up with the vinyl of the head turning out one color and the plastic of the body has a different shade. The vinyl spray paints don't do this.
They hold very well to the plastic and vinyl figure parts and do'nt chip as much as other paints.
We do have a lady in the works for Kraus. So we're hoping to show them together some time in the future.
Thank you again,
Thanks Roger, The white and blue against the black does kind of give him an x-ray look.

Paul

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Great work to you and the missus Paul, thanks for the extra pics and glad i was finally inspiration to someone :) really impressive work on every aspect of him.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Wow, amazing figure Paul! Dont think ive ever seen anything quite like him, so unique and love the contrast with the black and white, too cool. Great custom work from u and Laura and congrats on placing 2nd! :thumb
Great figure!!
-mike-

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike, Bshore, Thank you gents.
Roger I agree, of all the paints I've used between 1/6th and 1/35th minitures I like Vallejo the best. We got to meet the owner of the company and his wife at the I hobby show and they were very nice people. we hope to be able to carry their paints in the store soon. From talking to paint people, ie. Vallejo, Testors,etc. Vallejo varnish is suppose to be one of the best things to seal a figure with for painting. I just wish it came in a spray form instead of having to set it up in an air brush.
Right now we use MSC which is pretty good stuff. But when we get room for a paint booth we plan on switching to Vallejo Varnish.
Thank you again,
Paul

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.