One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Salaryman Gen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Here is a bash I made on a whim one day. This Iranian soldier depicts one of the troops that faught in the biggest assaults of the Iran Iraq war.

Attachments

·
Enjoying the View
1,136 Posts
Great job! Its not often that we receive reminders of that overlooked and brutal conflict.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I believe you hold the distinction of being the only guy to bash one of these, Spyglass. Very well done, too. A particularly tragic war, World War One done over, but with children thrown into the grinder.

·
Premium Member
6,423 Posts
Excellent bash there, on a very unique subject! :thumb
though of a very tragic time and a reminder of how brutal those in power can be, and whatever they can do to remain in power. :sadshake

·
Salaryman Gen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the load out.

Tan uniform- 21st century
M1 helmet- Dragon
Helmet netting- Hasbro
Knife- 21st century
Gas mask bag- Hasbro
Belt- BBI
RPK 47- DIY (all 21st century parts)
boots- Dragon
Ribbon- DIY

·
Salaryman Gen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know what those ribbons with writings they wrap around their arms and helmets mean?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ashmahala Fongu, that's cool.

Good job. That war was like a Super Bowl where neither of the teams are your favorite. You've managed to bring together the parts and pieces for a very convincing depiction of one of the millions involved.

·
Salaryman Gen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who says that you need Hot Toys to make the bash you want

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
It appears that the bandanas / headbands with Arabic script represent a "holy warrior" status. Green is the color of Islam, and the red seems to be worn by basiji in most cases, fanatic followers of Khomeini.

·
OSW Trade Police (Retired)
11,749 Posts
What an interesting and unique figure choice.

You've done a remarkable job on the RPK as well, it looks factory.

Well done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
....Also appears as though Green is the kisser, and Red is the kissee, in The Land of Eternal Manlove.

Seriously, though, aren't those bandanas about the same thing as what the Kamikaze wore? Like a talisman of epithets, prayers and general gung-ho stuff?

Looks like Spyglass nailed it.

·
Salaryman Gen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the posts everybody! Now if I can get my camera to work again I can do more bashes. :fit

·
The Tash
2,177 Posts
Great bash, very different choice of subject, well done :thumb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts