One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mobilis in mobili
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all.

This is something i've been meaning to make for a while now. This guy represents a Dutch soldier during Indonesia's war for independence. I based the fig (more or less) on a illustration found in Chris Mcnab's book, and other 'local' sources. Most of the representations of KNIL soldiers are with a British helmet, but a large number of KNIL soldiers also wear US helmets. As told by others before, the post war-Dutch army wore a mixture of uniforms and equiptments. not to mention weapons from its' allies.

The uniform is my first ever modification actually. A 21stC toys, which the trousers and shirt were rather big for my liking, so I made it smaller by taking it apart and sewing it back by hand. Took me two days, but it turned out okay.

This is something of a start for a series i'm planning to do, and i do stress on the 'planning' part because of the lack of proper material and time. In a way, me making this bash, is rather fitting since this 17th of August is my country's independence day. So my bash represents a part of my country's history.

Anyways, hope you like it. it's not good, but i'm happy with it. Cheers!

Attachments

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
It is always nice to see figures that depict such variey ( kind of a 1/6 history lesson ) Looking good:thumb

·
Mobilis in mobili
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank U for the comments, friends.

Very nice to see more knil soldiers, and this is really cool
btw i like your warriors quote
Heh, actually Cyrus from the Warriors is my favorite character. It would be awesome if someone comes up with a warriors bash.

·
Keeping 360 security
546 Posts
really nice bash!
and i like to see soldiers from other nations...especially if the topic deals with the Vietnam era....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.