One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I do when my wife hands me a list of things she wants from Kohls and she's "only" $30 away from free shipping?
I cash in all my chips man!
Crap! Just realized I have no buttons to post images or to go advanced mode......
OK, so imagine a 1/6 Warthog and Master Chief I got for $30 and I'll post pictures when the interface gets fixed.
Lol

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
Pontiacivan:

Are you still stuck in profile limbo or that is part of the technical woes fixed now?

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pontiacivan:

Are you still stuck in profile limbo or that is part of the technical woes fixed now?
I'm still unable to change my password, showing the 2016 new messages error and I don't have the interface for adding pictures, formatting text, etc.

I was just going to say I have no "Go Advanced" button, but that appears to only be when I start a new thread. Apparently I have it when I do a reply, so here are a couple of pictures...

Well THAT was premature, I clicked it, but no buttons.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Assuming it's the Mattel one you're talking about, that's interesting. It was a Toys'r'Us Exclusive, I believe. Great looking vehicle for what it is, but way too small to be the Warthog. Still it works as a totally credible 1/6 vehicle, but not the Warthog itself. In my mind it's something like an ATV or a small jeep, made by the same arms manufacturer factory as the Warthog, consistent with it in style and design, but just a smaller vehicle.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Assuming it's the Mattel one you're talking about, that's interesting. It was a Toys'r'Us Exclusive, I believe. Great looking vehicle for what it is, but way too small to be the Warthog. Still it works as a totally credible 1/6 vehicle, but not the Warthog itself. In my mind it's something like an ATV or a small jeep, made by the same arms manufacturer factory as the Warthog, consistent with it in style and design, but just a smaller vehicle.
I wish I could post the pics. It is a Mattell, but it's in a Kohl's specific box. I agree with your assessment of size, style etc. It does, as you say, make a credible 1/6 vehicle. I say anything I can fit (2) 12" figures in for $30 is a deal!

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I wish I could post the pics. It is a Mattell, but it's in a Kohl's specific box. I agree with your assessment of size, style etc. It does, as you say, make a credible 1/6 vehicle. I say anything I can fit (2) 12" figures in for $30 is a deal!
Interesting about the Kohl's specific box. You got me curious whether it differs at all from the one seen at TRU (probably not). Oddly enough, on Kohl's website it's not shown in Kohl's specific packaging, but the same tray as TRU.

Kohls: Halo Warthog Vehicle & Master Chief Set by Mattel
Toys r Us: https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=86563596

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting about the Kohl's specific box. You got me curious whether it differs at all from the one seen at TRU (probably not). Oddly enough, on Kohl's website it's not shown in Kohl's specific packaging, but the same tray as TRU.

Kohls: Halo Warthog Vehicle & Master Chief Set by Mattel
Toys r Us: https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=86563596
Sorry, I should clarify. The product packaging is the same that I have seen at the TrU, but the outer cardboard carton has the Mattel logo and the word TOYS next to it. Below that it says " Kohl's Dept. Stores" then P.O. NO. 10759668 followed by
ITEM NO. DNT96
All of this is printed in large script on the cardboard box and is not a label.
I am certainly sure it is the same item as the TrU item, right down to the Second style Master Cheif with jointed legs. ( I have two of the first design which are identical except for the leg joints ).
As soon as the forum issues clear I will post the picture, or PM me your email and I can send you a copy.
I agree the deals made between companies can be unusual, and this is an interesting one because someone elected to print special boxes, rather than generic cartons. Might have found a work around, let's see if the picture shows.

Attachments

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Out of the carton.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Sorry, I should clarify. The product packaging is the same that I have seen at the TrU, but the outer cardboard carton has the Mattel logo and the word TOYS next to it. Below that it says " Kohl's Dept. Stores" then P.O. NO. 10759668 followed by
ITEM NO. DNT96
All of this is printed in large script on the cardboard box and is not a label.
I am certainly sure it is the same item as the TrU item, right down to the Second style Master Cheif with jointed legs. ( I have two of the first design which are identical except for the leg joints ).
As soon as the forum issues clear I will post the picture, or PM me your email and I can send you a copy.
I agree the deals made between companies can be unusual, and this is an interesting one because someone elected to print special boxes, rather than generic cartons. Might have found a work around, let's see if the picture shows.
Yeah, that's the one. I guess they gave it to you in the Mattel->Kohls shipping box, where normally we wouldn't see that from TRU.

Such a nice vehicle, once we get past that it can't represent a full size Halo Warthog. It also occurs to me that it's just perfect-scaled for a "Rat Patrol" jeep, future upgrade version. Or actually it could be very cool to paint one yellow, and give it GI Joe Adventure team markings (the post by our friend the Skull has me thinking about those).

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, that's the one. I guess they gave it to you in the Mattel->Kohls shipping box, where normally we wouldn't see that from TRU.

Such a nice vehicle, once we get past that it can't represent a full size Halo Warthog. It also occurs to me that it's just perfect-scaled for a "Rat Patrol" jeep, future upgrade version. Or actually it could be very cool to paint one yellow, and give it GI Joe Adventure team markings (the post by our friend the Skull has me thinking about those).

Adventure Team Yellow happens to be a favorite color of mine. What I'm trying to decide is wether to spray bomb it as a whole, then go back and detail paint it, or disassemble it and paint the parts individually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts