One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Here is the KAC 7.62 semi auto Advanced Sniper rifle (military designation M-110A2), with 3D designed/printed 15 inch long URX 4 Keymod hand guard, 20 inch barrel with MAMS muzzle brake, Knights QDC suppressor and other goodies :)

Same with the KAC Advanced Precision Carbine, this is a 3D upgrade kit for the E&S KAC M110 Carbine rifles, by Uramegak and myself, available now to every interested collector through Shapeways.

This is the 1:1 model. You can find more info about it here on Knights site

And this is the 1/6 rifle upgraded with URX 4 hand guard and 20 inch heavy barrel with MAMS brake , plus the addition of a Soldier Story Magpul ACS retractable stock ( from General Sam's armory) in place of the original VLTOR stock and KAC BUIS from the DAM SR-25.

Enhanced with an E&S Harris bipod and the new ECOS-O system comprised by a Leupold MK6 3-18x44 scope with an Aimpoint T-1 Micro red dot sight (3D designed by our OSW member delusional) to represent a light sniper/spotter version. Bipod is on one of the 3D designed KAC specific Picatinny rails.

And this is a "night stalking" version built around the sniper version of the E&S boxed sets with the Magpul PRS stock. This is a heavier rifle full of extras that represents a more static sniper configuration, due to the overall weight of the rifle and accessories and the NVD at the front.

Note the 3D designed KAC QDC suppressor on top of the MAMS brake, the 3D designed modular cover panels and also that accessories are mounted on KAC specific modular Picatinny rails, all from the upgrade kit.

Scope is a new HSLD Schmidt & Bender 3-20X50 with a CNVD-LR in front (both from the E&S SCAR MK-17 set A). Other accessories include MFT forward grip (from E&S ZERT HK416 rifle), and a 3D designed low base T-1 mounted on an offset rail (both 3D designed by delusional), plus a PEQ device.

The hand guard was painted with a mix of MIG "Gunmetal" and Italeri "Flat Black", the later also used on the barrel and suppressor, while the MAMS brake was painted with Vallejo "Gunmetal Gray". Then two layers of Vallejo "Matte Acrylic Varnish".

Now, since we are at it, here is a comparison of the M110A2 advanced version with his older brothers, the M-110 sets that E&S provides, to get a feel of the "real world" differences, besides the more advanced internal components.

As you can see the URX-4 handguard is not only lighter, (and sexier IMHO :) ) it also offers much more "real estate" for comfortable mounting of the accessories in various points. And the new Quick Detach QDC suppressor is easier to use, shorter than the older "barrel sleeve" type with the gate latch, much lighter (almost half the weight) and same in sound reduction! Third difference, you get the MAMS brake instead of the old style flash suppressor, for much better recoil and muzzle climb control :shades

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And now, a quick comparison with the SCAR "family". On top is the MK-17 sniper version and at the bottom is the well-known MK-20 Sniper Support Rifle. The former is a "cross breed" developed as a stop gap measure since some Army SOF folks were not very impressed with the MK-20.

Yes according to available info the MK-20 is used by the SEALs but was not very well received from the Army-Marine side of SOCOM, who preferred their older MK-11s and the M-110 in its various incarnations.

It is evident that the new M110A2 offers more real estate for mounting accessories, is slightly shorter in length due to the more compact suppressor ( the MK-17 on top uses a B&T suppressor and the MK-20 a Surefire), is generally more compact in design AND in real life, a bit lighter in empty weight than the MK-20 (don't know how much the hybrid weights)

Things change a little without suppressors, as the MAMS brake is longer but it has distinctive advantage concerning felt recoil, muzzle climb and overall signature reduction.

What the 3D designed/printed upgrade kit offers

------
This kit is available now from Uramegak's Shapeways store "LHS Minifacturing" here 1:6 SR-25 URX 4 Sniper Variant

It offers the following parts:

1x hand guard URX 4 15 inch long

1x 20 inch barrel

8x cover panels, fully modular

4x 5 slot rails fully modular

1x 9 slot rail (new) for mounting heavier/bigger bipods

2x hand stops fully modular

1x QDC long suppressor, attaches and detaches on the muzzle brake and "locks" on the knob of the brake.

1x 12 inch long KAC Picatinny rail (new). This in case you want to mount a full continuous rail at the bottom of the hand guard.

-------------------------

Anybody wishing for a particular order package can PM Uramegak here on OSW.

As already mentioned in the KAC Advanced Carbine thread, the hand guard and barrel are robust and attach to any receiver of the Easy& Simple KAC M-110 carbines like a glove!!

Note: Τhe kit has NOT been tested on the older E&S M-110 sniper rifle boxed sets with the fixed M-16 style stock (shown in the above comparison photos in the Ft Benning version) because the barrel-hand guard assembly of that line appears to be heavily glued on the receivers.

Modular accessories are fully functional even when painted, but must be handled with care because of the small keyhole "tabs" that are obviously not able to handle rough use.

For more information about fitting, robustness and painting please refer here , but in these photos you can see some of the smaller accessories and the "keytabs" that make them fully modular.

So, time for some action photos now, to show the rifle posed. Keep in mind that nothing was glued on the gun.

Everything is modular, including the KAC Picatinny rails, but if you do not want to be extra careful like I was, then you can glue some things to pose the rifle easily, after you decide on the configuration you want. Most probable candidates the bipod rail and the handstop.

The paramilitary dude doing the honors is the first kitbash I ever did :) I just swapped the rifle.

Coming soon: Τhe KAC 7.62 Close Quarters Battle Carbine with integral semi-permanent suppressor

And since it's a "KAC 3D design" day here :woohoo if you haven't already, also check out minitroopers presentation on the Knights 5.56 mm URX 3.1 hand guard and barrel designed by delusional.

Well, that's all folks :) thanks for looking and we hope you enjoyed it

As always, any comments, suggestions or inquiries will be most welcomed :thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oh, this is lovely. I have a nice assortment of E&S rifles start using in bashes once I move into my new house, and I think these awesome upgrade kits you guys have rolling out will have to be added in.

Going to give my cheap-o airbrush a workout!

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Nice Harris bipods!

·
MUST STOP SPENDING ON 1/6
2,027 Posts
Public service announcement

Christmas is around the corner , if you have been eyeing all the delicious 3D printed items from delusional and uramegak in association with tigerstr, minitroopers and myself , don't hesitate , grab them now !

Shapeways is offering free shipping until 8th nov

Use the code FREESHIPNOV when you check out

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, this is lovely. I have a nice assortment of E&S rifles start using in bashes once I move into my new house, and I think these awesome upgrade kits you guys have rolling out will have to be added in.

Going to give my cheap-o airbrush a workout!
Thanks veritas, glad you like them :thanks So you use an airbrush? I got one sometime ago, but find the brush much more convenient :(

Nice Harris bipods!
:lol thanks buddy, they do look special don't they?

That all ROCKS!:dancing

I think I need more figures to use all these weapons! :doh
Thanks buddy, you know once you get on the 3D train, there is no getting off :evil

Public service announcement

Christmas is around the corner , if you have been eyeing all the delicious 3D printed items from delusional and uramegak in association with tigerstr, minitroopers and myself , don't hesitate , grab them now !

Shapeways is offering free shipping until 8th nov

Use the code FREESHIPNOV when you check out
Thanks for the tip Sam :thanks Like the man said, good time to be getting 3D stuff.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm pretty heavy-handed with a paintbrush (unless I'm dry brushing), and the few items I've painted came out pretty even with the airbrush.

All of the awesome 3d printed items available lately have forced me to give it a try. It all started with the EGLM trigger module General Sam made for the MK17s, and these KAC upgrade kits are too cool to ignore.

Gives me something to do when the kids aren't running around and I don't have something to do to my Jeep.

·
MUST STOP SPENDING ON 1/6
2,027 Posts
I'm pretty heavy-handed with a paintbrush (unless I'm dry brushing), and the few items I've painted came out pretty even with the airbrush.

All of the awesome 3d printed items available lately have forced me to give it a try. It all started with the EGLM trigger module General Sam made for the MK17s, and these KAC upgrade kits are too cool to ignore.

Gives me something to do when the kids aren't running around and I don't have something to do to my Jeep.
An airbrush will yield some awesome results.

The 3D community is all interlinked and a bit messy, would like to take this opportunity to clarify and correct you on the EGLM triggers including other items.. They were made by BOTH delusional and i under the delusional x General Sam series.

The following items are Under the [delusional X General Sam] banner, co-produced by both of us.

Mk16 EGLM Trigger
Mk17 EGLM Trigger
Daniel Defense RIS II rails
Leupold HAMR
Low mounted T1 Aimpoint
generic canted offset picatinny rail section
( there is another version of the canted rail section which is based off the NCSTAR offset rail which is produced solely by delusional)
"
NSR Rail
KX-5 barrel
LVOA Rail
Top Hat barrel

Still under QC - Magpul XTM handstop (picatinny rail version)

The items in this list are fully QC-ed and debugged to the best of our abilities. We stand behind and guarantee the quality* of the items in the above list.

*quality excluding Shapeways manufacturing defects

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Loving the look of the series. I still wish that Easy Simple had upped their game and followed your lead here. Great bash too.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks for the support veritas, its much appreciated :thanks Well, soon after I started painting I discovered that I actually enjoy it :lol And yes, 3D stuff was one of the main reasons I started. So many goodies available!

An airbrush will yield some awesome results.

The 3D community is all interlinked and a bit messy, would like to take this opportunity to clarify and correct you on the EGLM triggers including other items.. They were made by BOTH delusional and i under the delusional x General Sam series.

The following items are Under the [delusional X General Sam] banner, co-produced by both of us.

Mk16 EGLM Trigger
Mk17 EGLM Trigger
Daniel Defense RIS II rails
Leupold HAMR
Low mounted T1 Aimpoint
generic canted offset picatinny rail section
( there is another version of the canted rail section which is based off the NCSTAR offset rail which is produced solely by delusional)
"
NSR Rail
KX-5 barrel
LVOA Rail
Top Hat barrel

Still under QC - Magpul XTM handstop (picatinny rail version)

The items in this list are fully QC-ed and debugged to the best of our abilities. We stand behind and guarantee the quality* of the items in the above list.

*quality excluding Shapeways manufacturing defects
All this stuff is awesome, have everything in this line and some more. Seems I am a "1/6 3D addict" :bag

Loving the look of the series. I still wish that Easy Simple had upped their game and followed your lead here. Great bash too.
Hey CC, thanks for the kind words and all the support man:thanks:thanks Well I love E&S , they are doing a great job in providing us with HSLD stuff and hope that they will do this series in the future.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks very much Jason, have a soft spot for long guns. Well, and short ones too :lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts