One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been working on this figure for a few weeks now, and I think I have finished him, (Although I could tinker with him on and on, I'm sure you know what I mean).

The head sculpt was interesting to do. I wanted to get away from the fantasy flowing locks of hair portrayed in film and fantasy paintings and give him the traditional bowl hair cut. After choosing the head I then proceeded to scalp him of his moulded hair, after which I then transplanted the real hair and cropped it high and tight.

The head was painted with acyclic and pastel's, i tried to give him a skin that would suit that era and not fresh and radiant. The eyes I have tried to give him the thousand yard stare, you can only imagine the horror he as just seen!

The suit of armour you will probably recognise as the Marx's armour, a favourite of mine, mainly as there are no other descent sets out there, even the Cotswold suits are outrageously out of proportion.

I cut away the plastic straps and replaced them with leather straps using pins as rivets (which after a few time lost the feeling in the ends of my fingers!!)

The chain mail was a change from my regular Ignite, rubber chain mail and cannot make up my mind which looks best. The spurs were from the Ignite range also.

The belt was made from an old leather wallet as per the straps and larger pin head where used the sword was bought from the internet without a cross piece so has been heavily customised.

Hope you like him,

All comment welcome...Good or Bad

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Amazing piece you made. I really like the bowl chop you gave him, and your choice of HS looks great for this. Well done!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Fantastic looking knight!
No fairy tale here, but the grim reality of bashing your enemies' heads in with a mace and gutting them with a sword.

If I may, a couple of critiques...
I think he's holding his shield wrong and the "blood" doesn't look too real in the way it's applied, it looks a bit too "brushed" on.
But a lovely figure none the less.
Thanks for sharing!

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Man he looks awesome, that sculpt and what you did to it is perfect. All the details are great, it looks as if he has seen hell up close.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Marx armor...........I never even thought of that!

Great work! absolutely awesome!

My knight bows to your knight.

Chuck

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.