One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been bashing my closets lately, and recently put together Barney, the latest SASR figure from BBI....and then discovered I still have a boxed Sean Bannon (I think thats his name), the SASR HALO version. I know I have the Sean Bannon boonie hat from the non-HALO version as well as a spare.

So I figured I'd open em up and display them, but the Barney seems to be a little light in the ass-end department...wouldn't he carry some form of hydration pack the way hes kitted out of the box? Kneepads? Then I began to wonder what Sean would need to kit him out properly, as a HALO he's also dressed a little on the "light ops" side :)

Any suggestions? Or links to any bashes others have done? Thanks!

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
For the HALO figure, I can recomend looking at spare Hot Toys parts from their not so long released HALO UDT figures. But it's hard to recommend anything in particular as I do not have BBI HALO... Helmet, oxygen mask, oxygen tank, altimeter are the things that come into my head as I think HALO.

As for hydration packs. Barrack Sergeant has one in their PMC figure, as well as Hot Toys SAW Gunner (I personally like HT one better, but that's me). You can also get just the water bladder, it comes with many ACE figures, but you would need to put it somewhere - backpack or something. There is also a wide array of Molle Hydration Pouches, but those cannot be used on Barney, unless you kit him out with somekind of Molle carrier or armor.

Cheers,

Alexei

·
Registered
8 Posts
Justin,

That's some good reference material but you need to bear in mind that most of those photos represent vehicle mounted ops (notably the SOTG range practice series and the SASR/4RAR airfield series) where water is carried within the vehicle rather than individually. With the introduction of the new issue vests at 4 in 05/06, most guys are opting for MOLLE style carriers (usually SORD) for water carriage. This is having a knock-on effect for SOTG/MEAO operations where hydration is at a premium.

There are lots of variables depending on what you want to represent - time, unit, location, etc. so HeadRusch you pretty much have free reign over what you can do and you shouldn't be too hard pressed to find a justification for it.

Cheers,

B.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are awesome fellas, thank you, great reference shots.

I'll have to see what packs I have that I could use. I might possibly be able to use the 21st Belt Packs from their SAS Scud Hunter, at least its desert-camo colored, to augment the chest rig the figures come with.

Maybe a 3 Day Pack.....hmmmm. Thats what I figured when I opened Barney up to find his equipment on the light side, must be vehicluar or part of a strike team with mechanized backup. Still, without a pack of some kind, he kind of looks naked :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts