One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Kitbash of the Month - some clarification

Your nom stands, SFC-Dusty. Posted the last day of November, OSW time. My "blind men describing an elephant" comment was a bit of humor about the team effort at understanding what is understandably a possibly confusing rule.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

Again, a bit more drama in the December poll.
See post number one. I edited it to include the rule that has been in effect since November 2011: _ No lobbying for votes.

It's simple enough. I can even put some of it down to "ignorance of the law". The thing is, it's a matter of personal integrity. It's possible others have done it before, and have not been found out. Just being nominated is an honor. I won't say it cheapens the contest, it does not take away from the appreciation of the work of others. It does mark those who would purposely breach the rules, and is a betrayal of those who would nominate and choose that work.

KotM will carry on, all that is asked is a bit of integrity on the part of all.

·
Registered
908 Posts

Suggestion.Some months have a large number of Nominations,others only a few.Have you given any thought to limiting the number of choices for a month?

If someone misses the number for a month,they can nominate it for the next month.Would make choosing a little easier.This month is very tough both on quantity and quality.

622 Posts

But the ideia is to have all nominated of the month... limiting the number of nominations will make guys lost interest in KoTM :(

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

What if we start counting nominations as well? For example nominated 14 times. Of course no lobbying. :poke

Or different categories like best historic figure, best modern, best fantasy etc...

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts

What if we start counting nominations as well? For example nominated 14 times. Of course no lobbying. :poke

Or different categories like best historic figure, best modern, best fantasy etc...
You've just reminded me of something, and I have to be honest (and probably this might upset a few people...) but personally it annoys me when a piece of works is nominated and then several other posts with 'I also nominate x', 'yes I agree, I nominate x too'... and so on. You only need to nominate a piece of work ONCE for it to be included in the voting poll, by repeatedly nominating the same figure, it's a wasted nomination and it means some other people don't get a look in.

If someone has already nominated your first choice, have a look around, see if there is a good second choice to nominate instead (I know plenty of months there are soooo many to choose from, it can't be that hard!)

I see plenty of figures each month where people have ACTUALLY replied on the thread saying 'Wow, this is KOTM material!!' etc etc... and then don't bother to nominate it!

Anyway, minor rant over :)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Those issues I just put down to human nature - a tendency to skim over reading, as well as over-exuberant enthusiasm.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

You've just reminded me of something, and I have to be honest (and probably this might upset a few people...) but personally it annoys me when a piece of works is nominated and then several other posts with 'I also nominate x', 'yes I agree, I nominate x too'... and so on. You only need to nominate a piece of work ONCE for it to be included in the voting poll, by repeatedly nominating the same figure, it's a wasted nomination and it means some other people don't get a look in.

:)
:agree and I have to admit that I'm also one of the lazy chaps mentioned above. :bag

I got your message.:popcorn:whistle

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts

:agree and I have to admit that I'm also one of the lazy chaps mentioned above. :bag

I got your message.:popcorn:whistle
Oh it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, please don't think that... it's just a pattern I've seen emerging for a while. I appreciate it is difficult to remember some of the works seen throughout a month... I used to keep all of my email notifications (when they worked!... but that is another story) and then look at all the threads I'd subscribed to that month and pick my fave.

I've not nominated as much recently as I should do, but I always vote.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts

If someone has already nominated your first choice, have a look around, see if there is a good second choice to nominate instead (I know plenty of months there are soooo many to choose from, it can't be that hard!)

I see plenty of figures each month where people have ACTUALLY replied on the thread saying 'Wow, this is KOTM material!!' etc etc... and then don't bother to nominate it!

Anyway, minor rant over :)
Sensible idea. One thing I do is when I see something that I think is KOTM-worthy is copy the URL and paste it in the last day of that month in my Outlook diary. When Mike posts the new KOTM nom thread I have all the info right there.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

Oh it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, please don't think that...
No problem. :hifive I just had a need to show off my self-criticism skills:lol

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

Yep, I see that a lot too. Low budget.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
It would be easier to stop the ocean tides, than to halt multiple nominations of the same work.

As for those who have difficulty linking their choice, here is what you want to copy and paste. It is at the top of the page.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts