One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on ebay checking out the custom figures and came across this very realistic custom figure of Gene Simmons from the Love Gun era.I am a big Kiss fan and as I would love to have this ,I am new to collecting and its a little too high priced for me right now.Says in the description it was sculpted by Farrow and looks like he used a Dragon body.Here are some photos
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Wow, I wish I could put together that kind of skill set. Stioll my favorite band of all time. You wanted the best, you got the best. KISS!!!

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Yea, this guy has been around for a while. He puts together mostly KISS figs that go for no lower then around $400 each, sometimes selling them in pairs, with and without makeup. He also makes other big hair band figs and was featured in the last Amazing Figure Modeler magazine (issue 39). Each HS is one of a kind and his buddy makes the clothing for them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rfr5671 said:
Yea, this guy has been around for a while. He puts together mostly KISS figs that go for no lower then around $400 each, sometimes selling them in pairs, with and without makeup. He also makes other big hair band figs and was featured in the last Amazing Figure Modeler magazine (issue 39). Each HS is one of a kind and his buddy makes the clothing for them.
Thanks for the info, I will have to check out that magazine.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Oh the memories....The drum solo on 100,000 years...

I know I'm dating myself but oh'well....It was 1976 and I got my first KISS album (KISS Alive 1) from an older cousin....It changed my 8 year old vision, from there on I was hooked. Every dime I saved went to a kiss albums, I used to by those crappy magazines like Tiger Beat and Bop...to get KISS pin ups to put all over my room. Me and my buddy painted our faces (for nothing at all but to do it) and walked the streets.

This is my buddies collection of original KISS dolls. He's not a toy collector...just an old KISS fan such as myself.

He had a Halloween bash and dressed up as Paul and then dressed as Gene a week later on Halloween (at our work). You can't tell me that us 39 year old fans didn't like us some KISS back in the day. (and the present as well)

again as Gene

just thought I would share this with you guys. Enjoy!

One Shot out!

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Azteca

orale me growing up in tha vario was kinda hard to listen to kiss led z pink f and other great bands like ac/dc and all that well any way my frends did not like rock they were into planet patrol africa bambata cameo zapp one way and all that but KISS IS my fav band of all. one time i dressed like gene s man i had a ball that Halloween night man those fig you did made my day today thanx alote

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
This was back in 2004. We dressed up for work again.

I wish that Sideshow Toys did a line of 12 inch KISS figures. Love gun outfits, Dressed to Kill, the Destroyer album. Some cool stuff for sure.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Awesome custom!

I was a big Kiss fan back in the early 80s. I wrote a letter to their fan club in one of those fan magazines that were popular then.

I got a group photo back from them that was autographed by all the original members.

My older sis managed to toss it out with my other "junk" when we moved from Texas to CA in 82 :knock

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.