One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching for what seems like years discovered a USA source for "Artybox Co. Ltd." from Bangkok, Thailand and their King Naresuan figure in 1/6 scale. You can find it at Amazon.com under their merchants "Mars People". Here are a couple of photos of the box art and the figure itself ...

... and if you are wondering the armor (breastplate, backplate, tassets, shoulder guards) are very thin but heavy metal. It will take a very well built figure to hold that weight just in case you plan on stripping the Artybox figure and trying the armor on another of your figures. The pole arm is wood shaft with metal ends The helmet is plastic. The arm and leg armor is leather embossed with gold designs. The figure also comes with a dark brown suit jacket with high neck leather gold embossed collar. The sleeves under the armor is fabric made to look like mail. And speaking of "weight" a figure stand is provided to hold the armored figure.

Super fast service, factory packed, and well worth the price. Finally I have the figure I have long wanted. :clap

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
A very cool figure, bonepile, definitely original. Welcome aboard.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Very nice, bonepile! Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have just found another superb Thai 1/6 scale set of Armor this time for the King of Siam. It is from Thailand (toy2play.com) and is one of their series of scale armor of very thin metal with leather buckles. Here are some photos ...

The armor is simply finite detail beautifully presented in 1/6 scale. The weapons are metal, the halberd is wood with metal ends, and its curved blade is also metal. The sword is metal and the gold sheath also with red velveteen lining. If you visit their website they produce a number of fine sets shipped to you via Air Mail. The set illustrated which I just received is $137 but a email to them will give you full payment and shipping details. As soon as I outfit a figure I will post the photos. Thanks for looking.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The melding of traditional and European influence in the armor and weapons is fascinating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts