One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few photos of the Kimi 005 on a S02A body. For me the color match is passable but the head is a little lighter than the body. This head has been around a while and I can see why it is fairly popular. Beautiful face and has good realism.

Shoulder Leg Neck Sleeve Knee
Face Leg Neck Flash photography Knee
Shoulder Leg Human body Flash photography Knee
Leg Flash photography Human body Brassiere Thigh
Forehead Nose Cheek Lip Eye liner
Lip Hand Arm Eyebrow Eyelash
Lip Shoulder Eyebrow Eyelash Flash photography
Forehead Skin Lip Chin Eyebrow
Nose Cheek Head Lip Chin

·
Registered
545 Posts
Re: Kimi 005 or is it double 05

A few photos of the Kimi 005 on a S02A body. For me the color match is passable but the head is a little lighter than the body.
The Phicen body S17B (mid bust with removable feet) is said to be a lighter suntan than S02A. Maybe that could give a perfect match with the Kimi Toys 005.

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
Re: Kimi 005 or is it double 05

The Phicen body S17B (mid bust with removable feet) is said to be a lighter suntan than S02A. Maybe that could give a perfect match with the Kimi Toys 005.
It is. The Kimi Toys heads are the best match to the newer suntan (also on Mercy Dante and I speculate on the Demon Hunter muscle bodies), though I didn't think it was a bad match to the older suntan.

There's photos coming Real Soon of that specific combination. Watch this space.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have put up this photo post because there's nothing new here and this isn't a special mod. Also the photos and posing are fair at best. I took off the portraits. Probably more related to photography than one sixth figures. It's easy to post too many photos. I'm fairly sure that I saw a photo of the Kimi 005 head on the new suntan phicen from one of edwick's posts. The sculpt does look like it matches the new suntan body better. But I'm satisfied with the head on the older one. I also think, not a bad match. By the way. I used a gold colored reflector lighting these shots and a fair amount of processing, so the color of the figure is a lot warmer than it actually is. Also, I didn't have a black belt or any material to make one. The belt and gun garter thing is just folded over electrical tape, which I made just for the photos.

·
Registered
272 Posts
This forum should be a place where you can share what you do,
It might not seem "special" but it shows others ideas they may not have
thought of for posing, figure combos or bashing and photos.
I learn something almost every time I log on!
Happy Holidays to All!!!

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have put up this photo post because there's nothing new here and this isn't a special mod. Also the photos and posing are fair at best. I took off the portraits. Probably more related to photography than one sixth figures. It's easy to post too many photos. I'm fairly sure that I saw a photo of the Kimi 005 head on the new suntan phicen from one of edwick's posts. The sculpt does look like it matches the new suntan body better. But I'm satisfied with the head on the older one. I also think, not a bad match. By the way. I used a gold colored reflector lighting these shots and a fair amount of processing, so the color of the figure is a lot warmer than it actually is. Also, I didn't have a black belt or any material to make one. The belt and gun garter thing is just folded over electrical tape, which I made just for the photos.
I thought the shots looked great, and I'm glad you seem to have put them back. The last one with the floor reflection is really great.

FWIW, this is the KT005 on an older suntan (large bust) body:

Super Duck Sexy Cowgirl Clothing Set by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

And this is her on the newer suntan (small bust) body:

Phicen Seamless Body Comparison by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

I think you can light photos to hide any major skintone mismatches. It's certainly close enough to be able to be used on either suntan body (which is not always true...some heads are visibly too dark for the newer suntan skin tone).

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nose Cheek Head Lip Chin

I only took off the portraits. I thought they were a bit more photography oriented and looked a little out of place with the other sequence of photos. After looking at the post later I thought it was maybe a bit eye rolling. So, I pared it down some. This is one of the portrait shots that I removed. With this I was playing more with photography just to see if I could get this shot. I was using a small macro lens almost touching the face so it's close to 1:1 macro. The only way I found to light it was to use the light of a flashlight between the lens and the face. It made for some dramatic light and shadow.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Photography and action figures go very well together. Just because the photo is a portrait or a close-up of a figure, doesn't mean it won't be of interest to action figure hobbyists. In fact, portraits and close-ups can be of great interests to figure hobbyists! The photo above shows the sculpting of the face, and gives good detail about the paint. Any photo of a figure can be of interest to us. If you feel a photo is too sexy for the general section even though it might not be revealing, post it here. I think deleting photos such as those you've posted is a loss to us all.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Photography and action figures go very well together. Just because the photo is a portrait or a close-up of a figure, doesn't mean it won't be of interest to action figure hobbyists. In fact, portraits and close-ups can be of great interests to figure hobbyists! The photo above shows the sculpting of the face, and gives good detail about the paint. Any photo of a figure can be of interest to us. If you feel a photo is too sexy for the general section even though it might not be revealing, post it here. I think deleting photos such as those you've posted is a loss to us all.
Indeed. Well said.

There have been plenty of artistic shots posted throughout the forum, and some of them in this section. Never fear that they will be looked down upon.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put the portraits back up. I've been meaning too for a while, but kept forgetting. I was new to the forum and thought later that people might not be much interested in portraits. But people responding seemed to like them. Portraits can look nice and they do show the details of the face.
It was sort of amusing, when I saw this head sculpt on the body the first thing that came to mind was an agent. Wasn't sure what to dress her in. I started with what was labeled a sweater and put that on. I looked at it and thought, I guess I'm done. The sweater became a mini dress and that looked perfect. I just wanted to add some black accents. A black belt to cinch the waist and a garter to go with the heels. I didn't have a black belt so I used folded over electrical tape. The garter too. I didn't leave the belt and garter on the figure because I'm afraid it could stain, even though the adhesive isn't exposed. I want to make the belt out of black plastic tape and make a buckle. I don't think plastic tape will stain. I like the idea of making some of the items and I like the simple white dress. Maybe she is mostly good, but with a touch of black.

·
Caught in a 1/6 world
188 Posts
I just got one of these and she's a slightly darker than I'd expected. I was planning to use her on a pale Phicen, but that ain't gonna work. Still she looks good and I'm sure I have a body that will suit her.

BTW Is it just me, or does this sculpt resemble Anne Hathaway? Oddly enough to my eyes she does, and looks better than the Anne Hathaway sculpt I already have...

·
Caught in a 1/6 world
188 Posts
I've put her on my M-16 figure and she seems a decent match, so not like I'm out a head sculpt. I'll check out the 007.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts