One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to make a Kim Jong-un figure. I was looking for appropriate bodies. I was told to look at the Worldbox Fatbody as the body for the figure. My concern is that I can't tell how tall it is. Supreme Leader isn't exactly tall. How would one go about shortening him up a bit if the body was a little too tall? I was also wondering if anyone knew where I may be able to get one of his common jumpsuits? I may need to have one made...?

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hate the people in those photos with a burning passion, but damn if there aren't some uncanny valley sculpts of them both. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a jumpsuit.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I'm looking to make a Kim Jong-un figure. I was looking for appropriate bodies. I was told to look at the Worldbox Fatbody as the body for the figure. My concern is that I can't tell how tall it is. Supreme Leader isn't exactly tall. How would one go about shortening him up a bit if the body was a little too tall? I was also wondering if anyone knew where I may be able to get one of his common jumpsuits? I may need to have one made...?
World Box actually made that Fat Body specifically for Kim Jong-Un, though it's also sold for general purposes. The World Box figure of Kim Jong-Un came out last year 2018 and it was called "Respectable Person." World Box Onetoys - 1/6 Scale Figure - Respectable Person - The Dragon Vault See this OSW thread: OneToys : 1/6 scale Respectable Person Collectible Figure Specification I don't know if their sold-loose body was made taller than their boxed Kim Jong-Un, but I doubt they'd make any unnecessary extra effort. See also Respectable Person (Kim Jong Un figure) One Toys - YouTube

Finding a parted out outfit or accessories from "Respectable Person" might be difficult, especially a year later. But if you don't, you will indeed need to have one made as even if you could find a suitable jumpsuit from some other figure, it wouldn't fit the Fat Body.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the info! If I was to want to shorten him up a bit how would you guys do it? I was thinking of somehow using a dremel above or below his knees to cut a section out then possibly somehow bonding the legs back together.

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
I was thinking the same thing....if you cut the legs though, you will also need to cut the arms....as in using a standard proportioned body, the arms would suddenly look long and strange.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking the same thing....if you cut the legs though, you will also need to cut the arms....as in using a standard proportioned body, the arms would suddenly look long and strange.
Ah you're right. Instead of Rocketman�� he'd be Apeman��.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
as Unifetish points out, you should shorten the arms, too... and the torso. way down on this page is something I did to DML/Ignite figures make 'em appear smaller--

Junior takes a helo ride

take note of the link to Tony Barton's photo essay on body mods, good readin'!
Awesome. Thanks for the time replying and the link. I just bookmarked it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts