One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
1:6 Manufacturer
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kaustic Plastik is proud to announce you the new LEGIONS OF ROME figures.
Both of them will be available in April/May 2015

Both figures are made in collaboration with
Doc. Luca Nejrotti from the University of Tourin (Italy)

Featuring the latest archaeological finds, it's the FIRST TIME EVER, a Praetorian Guard and a Roman General are presented in a 100% historically accurate replica in 1:6.

All figures feature high quality metal accessories and the brand new body:
KP04 that includes 8 posable hands, and 2 different kind of Arms (Normal and Double elbow)

The set includes a new stand with the printed Logo "The Legions of Rome".

Lucius Aelius Seianus
Praetoriae Cohortes
Circa 43 A.D.

Praetorian Guard

The set can be used with the Fasces of KP09 (Roman General) to create a Lictors

As bonus, you will find in the set the "Build your Pilum" kit.
With this kit you can build any kind of Pilum, mixing pieces together to give life at a very unique style of Pilum!

And now let's introduce you the Roman General (A REAL Roman General... Not an hollywood invention)

Marcus Nonius Macrinus
Dux Exercituum Imperatoris Marci Aurelii

Circa 161 A.D.

Roman General

Marcus Nonius Macrinus comes also with the vest used as Proconsul

The set includes the Fasces and an extra sword (Roman Parazonium)

Feedback and questions are very welcome!!!!!

:hifive

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
Re: Kaustic Plastik - NEW ROMANS!! Praetorian Guard and Roman General!!!

Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

What else can be said?

·
Registered
422 Posts

I love the helmets. So detailed. Nice extras as well , the do-it yourself Pilum, and the fascis.
Also, the normal clothing looks superb

·
SPQR
837 Posts

Look at these 2 Figures,just amazing to say the least.And so many options too,how am i supposed to stop at one of each?
The Armour detail on both is just phenomenal,you've made my day,hell my week Fabio!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

WOW! I have no words to how amazing these figures look! Fabio, you and KP are 1/6th geniuses!:):)

Jay

·
Registered
2,376 Posts

Beautiful figures Fabio!

The display options are a great bonus as well.
I will get both, funds permitting.

Macrinus is the one that Maximus is supposed to be based on, right?
Would that armour and helmet set-up be for battle or more of a fashion statement for a Triumph?
And the Praetorian Guard, is he a centurion or Primus Pilus, i.e. not a regular legionary?

·
1/6 Historical
1,196 Posts

Epic ! Can't wait for preorder to start !

·
Registered
315 Posts

Both are phenomenal, but the Roman General is so damn good that it almost brings tears to my eyes . . . . Congratulations, Fabio! :clap

·
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Macrinus is the one that Maximus is supposed to be based on, right?
Would that armour and helmet set-up be for battle or more of a fashion statement for a Triumph?
Marcus Nonius Macrinus was a Roman general and statesman fl. 161 AD in the era of Emperor Marcus Aurelius. He served as Consul (suffectus) in 154, and several terms as proconsul thereafter.
Macrinus' life was one of the inspirations for Russell Crowe's character Maximus Decimus Meridius in the 2000 feature film Gladiator. However, while both Marcus Nonius Macrinus and the fictitious Maximus Decimus Meridius are placed in the same time period and share similarities such as being liked and well known to Emperor Marcus Aurelius, Marcus Nonius Macrinus went on to enjoy a successful career and died a wealthy man.

His set up can be used both for Battle and for Triumph.
Just mixing up the items in the set.
For example you can place the Purple Togae OVER the Armour and you can place without the Helm to make it as a Triumph General.
From paints and sculptures we know that General (And Emperors) in Triumph doesn't carry the helm (To let crowd watch their faces)

For example this is the statue of Augusto the Emperor (Gaius Iulius Caesar Octavianus Augustus) in Triumph:

·
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

And the Praetorian Guard, is he a centurion or Primus Pilus, i.e. not a regular legionary?
The Praetorian Guard we made is based on The Arch of Claudius.

The Praetorians Relief is a Roman marble relief dated to c. 51-52 AD and housed in the Louvre-Lens. The relief depicts three soldiers in high relief in the foreground, while two others in the background, accompanied by a standard bearer, are made in bas-relief.

It is very possible that the Praetorians in the Relief was not just standard legionaries (They was probably officers).

·
Registered
246 Posts

can not wait to preorder:dancing:thumb:hifive:drool

·
Registered
691 Posts

wonderful work as usual, but the Roman General is just amazing. Can't wait either!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts

The Praetorian Guard we made is based on The Arch of Claudius.

The Praetorians Relief is a Roman marble relief dated to c. 51-52 AD and housed in the Louvre-Lens. The relief depicts three soldiers in high relief in the foreground, while two others in the background, accompanied by a standard bearer, are made in bas-relief.

It is very possible that the Praetorians in the Relief was not just standard legionaries (They was probably officers).

Very cool!
Thanks for the insight into these great figures!

·
Registered
83 Posts

They look excellent overall. The helmets look a little too big on the heads, but that might just need a little bit of fidgeting or a different head. Including the fasche and extra pila is really cool. The general would look great with the toga and military kit in triumph regalia.

I'm definitely pre-ordering the Praetorian Guard as soon as I can. What is that type of boot that he's wearing called?

·
Registered
420 Posts

HOMERUN!!!!

Worth the wait.... Both bought:gimme

When's the preorder? The Generals horse is waiting

·
Registered
2,376 Posts

The boots of the Praetorian look like the ones on their Gladiator kit.

·
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

They look excellent overall. The helmets look a little too big on the heads, but that might just need a little bit of fidgeting or a different head. Including the fasche and extra pila is really cool. The general would look great with the toga and military kit in triumph regalia.

I'm definitely pre-ordering the Praetorian Guard as soon as I can. What is that type of boot that he's wearing called?
The helms are perfectly sized based on our Archaeological studies.
The General helm was actually quite big because it was a cavalry helm.
We checked many times originals in our hands so we are sure the size is perfect.

The Praetorian looks bigger then the sculpture, because the one of the sculpture was a leather helm (that was smaller).
We decided to make the Bronze version that of course was bigger than leather.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

Works of art. I get a bang out of seeing the pride you put into your figures, and the presentation, as well as the obvious enthusiasm among the members. Bravo, to you and your crew, Fabio!

1 - 20 of 187 Posts