One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Made an account to share this odd body I stumbled across while window-shopping on taobao (never a good idea).

Joint Toy Human body Carnivore Art

It's a completely colourless (?) anime style/androgynous seamless body. I couldn't find a single bit of info about it on the English-language net, so I ended up shelling out for it out of sheer curiosity. Excluding shipping it was 380CNY/50USD and it took two weeks to arrive.

I can't imagine it has any practical value to most people on this forum (way too pale, not the right body type), but if anyone is interested I could type up a short review/impression. At the very least it might make for an interesting dye project or teen body.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,384 Posts
That's actually kind of interesting, at least for me. Looks to be a slim seamless body. Not too many folks actually have that pale a complexion, but some European or Scandanavian folks have very pale skin, so it could work in some aspect. Or maybe as you mentioned an anime style figure which also tend to be very fair skinned

if you were to dye the body, it might work as an alien figure as I have seen some seamless bodies done up as.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If anyone is interested, I was able to get a crude translation from the the link @gj581g included.

Brown Font Amber Material property Parallel

Brown Product Rectangle Wood Font

Looks like this is made of a combo of silicone and PVC and is 10.5" tall.
The manufacturer suggests not exposing to sunlight, using alcohol based cleaners or keeping the joints bent at 45 degrees for long periods of time.

I had hoped to use alcohol based inks in an airbrush to add color to this "blank canvas". It doesn't look like is an
option, but the only way to know for sure is to test it out.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Made an account to share this odd body I stumbled across while window-shopping on taobao (never a good idea).

View attachment 493735

It's a completely colourless (?) anime style/androgynous seamless body. I couldn't find a single bit of info about it on the English-language net, so I ended up shelling out for it out of sheer curiosity. Excluding shipping it was 380CNY/50USD and it took two weeks to arrive.

I can't imagine it has any practical value to most people on this forum (way too pale, not the right body type), but if anyone is interested I could type up a short review/impression. At the very least it might make for an interesting dye project or teen body.

I'd like a review for sure!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found some time to take some quick pics, not controlled at all for lighting, camera angle etc so take them with a grain of salt. In the pics it's wearing a pair of grey doll shorts just to be safe (not sure what this forum's rules are on figurine modesty).

I'm also not an expert on anatomy or anything, so I can't comment on the body's aesthetics. As far as I can tell it's quite stylised (or maybe that's just the androgynous build?) -- happy to hear if anyone else has better insights.

To save money I had the body shipped to me without packaging so I don't have anything to say about that. It comes with 3 sets of hands, 1 set of feet and a cream coloured bodysuit. Again, it doesn't come with the grey shorts below. I wish it came with a stand :(
It has as much detail in the nether regions as a Jiaou aka not Ken-doll smooth, but nothing really of note.
Leg Human body Shorts Sleeve Gesture

The feet and neck peg are standard ball joints, but the hands are somewhat unusual. The hands and feet aren't falling off constantly, but aren't too difficult to remove either, which is nice.
Sleeve Finger Wood Cup Material property
I don't have any proper headsculpts or neck pegs with me, but here's a comparison with a unpainted bootleg head I had lying around. It's almost the same shade. I don't have any anime figures for comparison, but I suspect it would be a similar shade to those.
Forehead Nose Cheek Chin Hairstyle

Skin tone is nearly identical to the (new) pale phicen skin tone
Joint Thigh Gesture Knee Waist

Here is a size comparison with the other 1/6 scale figures I own. From left to right: Barbie Made to Move, Jiaou 10A (Wheat skin), Kamisoul body, Tbleague s44a. It's about 26cm at the shoulder and 30cm at the top of the neck peg. It's a whole centimetre taller than the Jiaou 10A at the shoulder, 1.5cm taller than the barbie and 2cm taller than the petite phicen.
Joint Shoe Leg Shorts Waist

In terms of articulation and posing, it is much less smooth than the Phicen and about the same if not a tiny bit worse than the Jiaou. I don't have a male TBLeague body for comparison, but I will say the female phicen also has a much better range of motion than both the Jiaou and the Kamisoul.

The main thing to note is that the material it is made of is a lot springier than the Jiaou doll. This gives it a better range of motion for some poses (as the muscles don't impede the joints) but as a consequence it gets an unpleasant squished look when pushed into more extreme poses. However, if I stick within the bounds of what the Jiaou can do, I can keep it looking approximately normal. The phicen has a better range of motion without the warping issues so there's that.

You can't see the phicen's shoulder because of the tshirt, but take my word for it that it looks much nicer ;)
Joint Hand Arm Shoulder Shorts

Joint Shoulder Muscle Neck Human body

Overall, it has approximately the same range of motion as the Jiaou. I won't add any more pictures as the post is already quite pic heavy, but if anyone wants to see more just let me know.
But to summarise:

Kamisoul better:
  • Leg range of motion at the pelvis (it can kick higher)
  • Knee bend, can achieve a smaller angle
  • It can twist its torso around far more
Jiaou better:
  • Range of motion above head, any poses that require it to stick an arm up. I would say this is the Kamisoul's biggest weakness, articulation wise.
  • Better side-to-side torso tilt motion.
About the same:
  • Arm bend
  • Bending forwards/backwards at the waist

Conclusion:
I won't say I was blown away by the quality, but I'm overall pretty pleased with it. It's similar to a Jiaou in terms of out-of-the-box quality and price, which puts it above alternatives such as LDDoll which are extremely expensive. Though as far as I know, the only slim male seamless body on the market right now, so if that's what you need it's not like you have much of a choice. Whether I buy another one will depend on how well the material holds up + if I can find a use for it.

As for colouring the body... I'm somewhat intimidated by the dyeing process, but I'll try some soft pastels to see if it will take colour at all.

·
...down the rabbit hole
61 Posts
Thank you so much for the review! The above shoulder skin scrunch is a shame, but I rarely enforce poses like that, so it shouldn't be a problem. I do like the aesthetic and have a character in mind that would be perfect. Now how to get one to Germany... :unsure:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts