One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,198 Posts
Well, well well !
Just discussing the other day how it would be wonderful to have a No.4 Rifle to go with the new Para, and up this comes.

The kit is mostly rather nice, with the usual little snags here and there.
I shall pass over the hopelessly modern hipster head with his trendy little beard.Has anyone at DiD ever realised that fashions change over time?

The Battledress looks excellent, same as previous DiD releases.

The rifle looks wonderful.

The belt is poor, too narrow, wrong design. It looks like they couldn't find a reference for it , which is a bit feeble, given that real British 1937 webbing is very easy to find, and there's a whole reference website , free, devoted to it.
Similarly the pouches have non-opening tops, which makes them the wrong shape. The webbing is not good overall, lacking the brass riveted strapends, and they will use that very coarsely ribbed nylon instead of finer cotton tape.
Nice to have the gasmask case.

.303 ammo bandoliers had FIVE pockets ,not six. But all the manufacturers have been copying that mistake for years.

But overall a very welcome release, especially the lovely rifle.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Says he's a sergeant but wears the rank of corporal, also the cuffs on the Denison smock should be buttons not elastic, as Tony pointed out that there are plenty of references to look at in regards to uniform and webbing. Rifle is a nice touch, the only thing I would get is a few helmets and maybe a few rifles

·
Celer et Audax
397 Posts
Welcome source of britbits....... equally exasperated by the head...even after a week in Arnhem and a swim across the Rhine there would be no Para that would look like him....ragged scarred and heavy stubble maybe, but the RSM wouldnt excuse shaving. I seem to recall a story about RSM JC Lord, screaming at a para mid Arnhem admonishing him for not having shaved while sharing a scrap with him during a stonk.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
The head is awesome and the only part of this figure that interests me.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
nice. by no means am i a brit expert but I really like these red devils DiD is releasing. most people will complain about the head, but most of us can 'break' apart these figures and make it our own...it doesn't take any real skill to replace a head...lol.

namaste
Miguel

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Superb looking figure - with a few flaws... most of which Tony Barton has already commented on.
Personally, although I love the sculpt, the head is not right for a WW2 Brit Para – and by now I would have loved to have seen somebody nail a convincing looking beret!
My only other problem is that although Brit Paras are a particular favourite of mine, I would love to see more Brit regiments made... I'd especially love to see the Royal Navy represented.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To make Charlie more "Red Devilish", we added a version B with a headsculpt without beard and NO weathering.

So there are two versions for K80136 (K80136A and K80136B).

1. Version A has a dirty headsculpt with beard; while Version B has a clean headsculpt without beard.

2. All the outfits and accessories are identical for both versions. Version A has slightly weathering on Denison smock, Basic pouches, Haversack, Entrenching tool carrier, Puttees and Boots which Version B hasn't.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
either one is fine by me. i don't like neither sculpt. will do my own version when i get...

peace
miguel

·
Registered
520 Posts
So folks give me some advice here please?

This is a V1 Denison Smock? So not completely unusual to see it in use through whole WW2?

Would gaiters & webbing we blancoed the same color as all of the individual soldiers gear, or would it be feesable khaki gaiters & green webbing on the same soldier?

Would all the Paras on the same drop/unit have matching gear eg. all green webbing or all khaki? I see both in figures?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts