One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,200 Posts
Given the dearth of WW2 Brits, anything is welcome, even if it's something of a rehash of Michael Taylor.
Nice to have a new supply of the Battledress and the Denison smock. The BD uses the previous fabric, by the look of it, and that's excellent.
The rank is wrong , as Dave points out ,a 1st Lieutenant : won't do a lot of Commanding with that rank !
The shirt is a nice addition.
The beret is pretty poor : how is it that customisers like Banjoman have mastered one-piece berets, but a factory can't manage it? It's also the wrong colour.Should be Maroon not red, but maybe that got lost in translation.
The webbing is coarse and disappointing, particularly the rather hopeless belt, too narrow, too coarse weave, and without the turned edges of the original.It looks to be a copy of the old BBI version.
Glad though that they have made some attempt to use smaller, more in-scale buckles, even thought they are still wrong in detail.
Map-case is nice.
And although I'm personally not bothered much about the parachute and the leg bag, the bag is, like every example yet made commercially in 1/6th , too small.
A wood and metal Sten Mk.V is very welcome.
DiD never quite mastered the toecap on the boots.

Overall, very welcome, plenty of useful parts, but could try harder.

·
Celer et Audax
397 Posts
Well I for one am super happy - yes there are small inconsistencies.....but it is a Brit figure with good gear and DID always make nice strong stuff so I will be buying multiples......hopefully at the original DiD price of £50 ! (Arf arf)

That being said....I agree with everything that Tony said!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looks like a nice figure. Uniform appears to be done correctly. Face looks like Sean Connery. The helmet looks quite well done. Will have to see it for real. The submachine gun still doesn't look quite right on the end does it?

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
geez. why didn't they just consult with Tony Barton for this....perhaps it would of turned out more accurate. was this Denison Version used by the rank and file? would like to buy this but don't want to go crazy having to modify almost everything in this kit..lol.

namaste
miguel

·
Registered
79 Posts
So you'd rather receive less parts...? I have never understood this mentality. Yes - he wouldn't have had them. But surely its good to get them?
Would have preferred this figure be that of Colonel Frost with the chute and bag for him. More accurate, same amount of gear and something we have yet to see and would like to in 1/6.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts