One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Wanted to say "Hi" to everyone here. I just started collecting 1/6th figures this year. Currently just Marvel figures from Hot Toys and Sideshow Collectibles. Joined because I wanted to be part of a community that shares information and is on the tip of what's new. Hope I can contribute to that community here.

Thanks for having me and peace out!

--Foligatto

·
1:6 Miniature Craftsman
687 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse :)

The only advice I have is to try and limit your collection to a specific theme. Othewise your collection will quickly get out of control.

Also, try your hand at making custom modifications on your figures. It is far more rewarding than simply buying something off a shelf.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The only advice I have is to try and limit your collection to a specific theme. Othewise your collection will quickly get out of control.

Also, try your hand at making custom modifications on your figures. It is far more rewarding than simply buying something off a shelf.
Thanks for the welcome and for the advice.

Currently I'm just sticking to Marvel items from Hot Toys and Sideshow Collectibles. My goal at the moment is to collect all of the Captain America - Civil War line. Got 4 of 6 on Team Cap and should be getting 1 of 6 on Team Tony.

And I have been thinking of doing some customization myself. I'm a big Cap Marvel fan and am looking into what it would take to make my own 1/6th.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
get out while you can
seriously run
Sometimes I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew. LOL. I just started this year and I've already massed 9 figures.

I was afraid my wife would freak out but then she's like "Where's Cap?". She's a big fan.

·
Registered
565 Posts

wise advise! It's so easy to fall in a new collection every week depending on the releases, whatever it is, game of thrones, walking dead, marvel heroes, movie stars, military, gangster kingdom and so on... there is always a fig that will make you start a new line up, and it takes a lot of strength to resist lol!

welcome anyway to the OP, can we have a sneak peek at your collection? people like treats here :)

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Just be mindful of the line between passion and obsession and you'll be fine.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
700 Posts
It's an awesome hobby. Like it was said before, focus on what you really want and don't go crazy. You already have nine fiures and you started this year. You remind me of me when I started, now I have dozens (really, dozens) of figures I don't want anymore and I've had them stored in several closets at home for years! And it's hard to get rid of them (I'll spare you the details.)

Enjoy it, but really, don't go crazy. Welcome, enjoy this really fun forum.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Switch to online banking, if you haven't already. It's less scary the less you view your statements. It also means you can keep how much you spend away from prying eyes! Things will get expensive, but, always make sure you can still keep a roof over your head and those around you happy.

Once you're on top of all the serious stuff you can start to have fun!

CHEERS!

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Welcome aboard. Do not consider myself a collector but rather a lover of 1/6 toys . I seriously begin buying about 2011, I could be wrong but it was around the time Hot Toys released the first (and best) T-2. In the last several years I have bought many figures from different genres, but I have learned what I like, put myself on a semi budget or rather a limit of what I will spend on figures and accessories. I am much happier for it and the days of spending 200+ for a figure only to be mildly excited when I received is over. Learn what you love and temper yourself in your spending and you will be okay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome aboard!
Thanks!

Switch to online banking, if you haven't already. It's less scary the less you view your statements. It also means you can keep how much you spend away from prying eyes! Things will get expensive, but, always make sure you can still keep a roof over your head and those around you happy.
Indeed! My wife is actually okay with my collecting. She has her own hobbies that command a not inconsiderable penny. And she's tech savvy so it wouldn't be difficult for her to search Amazon to get pricing info for some of the figures I already have. I also keep all my financial records in a spreadsheet that dates back to 1996 (since Excel 97...seriously, I'm OCD like that) so I'm always balancing out the play money with the essentials.

Once you're on top of all the serious stuff you can start to have fun!

CHEERS!
The biggest thing that's actually come out of my new hobby is a renewed interest in photography. I haven't bought a serious camera since the early 2000's. So if anyone's got recommendations on specific models they use I'd be happy to hear about them.

As I noted in Post #8, I started a discussion thread about photography here: Photographing your Figures ...as well as posted some photos of my current collection taken from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts