One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased the DiD XM8 despite the mixed reviews. It came out decent after a repaint.

I don't have any era-appropriate uniforms currently, so I tossed together a woodland outfit for it.

Here's the 21st Century Lanchester SMG after a repaint. Gave a shot at painting woodgrain, I tried to emulate the color of my Enfield No1 MkIII*.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just going to bump this as I fixed the broken links. This post was awaiting moderation since I was within the first 24 hours, and I couldn't tell the links were bad until now.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
They looks nice, the green colour on your XM8 works well with your woodland bash, and the rich dark red brown is stunning with the copper colour on the smg.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
saiko said:
They looks nice, the green colour on your XM8 works well with your woodland bash, and the rich dark red brown is stunning with the copper colour on the smg.
Thanks for the positive feedback.

I forgot to note that the ammunition in the XM8 magazine was taken from a Dragon (I think?) M249 belt and the spring was made from a large staple. It's been a few years since I got that part, so I can't recall the origin. The belt is rubber and the rounds are plastic.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Cool, good source and bit of info for other guys who need some ammo for their empty clear mags, or even their empty Sig and g36 mags that they harvested rounds and springs from. Pretty cool actually, when I was typing my original post and looking at your image, I was wondering if a molded plastic ammo belt could be used. Great work again. :thumb

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mx22 said:
What did you use for copper color? Looks very real!

Alexei
The Lanchester submachine gun was designed with a brass magazine housing. Aside from that and the bayonet lug, it was a copy of the Bergmann MP28.

Anyhow, I painted the magazine housing bronze, then dry brushed it with brass to try to give it a tarnished and less polished look.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Great looking repaints. The xm8 is not a bad item. Needs to be a touch smaller, but hey what can you do? A repaint! Nice job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts