One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Action Fuger!
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ultimate Soldier Navy SEAL M151 A2 Jeep. Wanted one of these for a long time, but kept missing out. This will be modified to be a vehicle for my Monster Hunters, Inc. characters--probably a long project I'll work on throughout this year.

After I remove 17 miles of twist ties...

·
God Bless America
1,529 Posts
WritinMan, congratulations on such a cool find!! :thumb
As an owner of a 21st "Super Jeep" myself, I'll tell you these are a blast to pla....er.....own. ;)
I've heavily modified mine and it's one of my "cooler" vehicles.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, WritinMan!

Good catch! It's a great vehicle to have in the collection, I'd like to get a second at some point. I like the 21C M151's. The regular version have funky tires but definately are fodder for some neat modifications. I'm backdating one into a A1 model (flat fenders) to do a Nam armored convoy vehicle. Also wouldn't mind doing one of the weapons carriers, maybe a Davy Crockett launcher.

Enjoy your new rig!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
That is one nice looking vehicle, I am sure you will rock it out. Amazing how many twist ties are on that one, looks like one of the many Thomas trains I have spent hours liberating for my son as he repeatedly tells me to give it to him. Enjoy, and move on to your next quest.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Congratulations!! That was always one of my favorite vehicles. Too bad the factory did that dumb ass silver weathering... :rolleyes

On the prototype, the "screens" on the boxes are real screens. I plan to cut mine out, and install the same screens we used on the proto. Michael's has the screen. It'll be copper. Flexible, easy to work with. It's a tremendous upgrade.

Enjoy!

-Rex

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Nice acquisition WM, looks be a load of fun. Hang on to those twist ties, you never know when they'll come in handy :D

·
Action Fuger!
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again guys! I'm looking forward to working on it.

On the prototype, the "screens" on the boxes are real screens. I plan to cut mine out, and install the same screens we used on the proto. Michael's has the screen. It'll be copper. Flexible, easy to work with. It's a tremendous upgrade.
That's interesting to know. I might have to look into that. When I really get serious about starting, I'm gonna take a trip to Michael's and take my time checking out what's on those shelves. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts