One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to dissamble the SS EOD and work it to my liking...I turned the head and it broke!!!!Off the post!The whole neck.And when I took it all apart to get a better look..it looks like someone took a grinder to the shoulders and the legs.

Wow,what a disappointment.I think I am going to go buy me a TS body.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Man, that sucks. I remember when I bought my first Sideshow figure, the London After Midnight Chaney, upon taking the figure out of the package the right leg just fell completely out of the pants leg...here I am with this stunned look and a 1/6 plastic leg on the floor...:cry...hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I was about to dissamble the SS EOD and work it to my liking...I turned the head and it broke!!!!Off the post!The whole neck.And when I took it all apart to get a better look..it looks like someone took a grinder to the shoulders and the legs.

Wow,what a disappointment.I think I am going to go buy me a TS body.
Welcome to the club! I will send you our membership card. :b Seriously though, that totally sucks. I had hoped they had decided to upgrade to better plastic for this figure, but apparently not. VERY disappointing.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had many a body break,but never just out the box.Good thing I have an extra BBi G3.

·
Home of The Whopper
480 Posts
Soldier Story sucks, I refuse to buy anything from them outside of gear and bendy hands (swap out the peg of course), I went through two bides from those douchebags, both arrived in the mail with limbs broken at the post...

·
Registered
936 Posts
All right!! ...Turn for my confession , I broken in my first , second ... figures some legs and two necks ... Anybody is perfect ;)

·
Guns, guns and more guns
1,193 Posts
Well, to be fair, I've never had a SS body break on me. I've never bought a boxed fig from them, though the loose bodies that I've bought came from it...

It's a sturdy body and good if you like BBI G.3 bodies also, the only thing bad is that you'd have to switch out the wrist pegs to get the full motion of it.

You can never say which bodies will break on you and which ones won't. I've had DML bodies with loose joints, BBI bodies with weak ankles, etc.

·
pathfinder505
410 Posts

Corran, maybe you can try to contact caltek and let them know, they might even replace you the new S2 body.

Seriously I have dml body which I broke of the neck a bbi body which I have the shoulder broke off too. NOw I've been moving the articulation with cautious.:thumb

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This isn't new for me.I have broken alot of bodies.
Hand posts,arms,legs...but this is a first.A fresh new figure.I haven't really messed with.!!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I remember buying an SS Buffy Gentleman for half price as they thought he had a broken hand. I asked to have a look at it then I just popped the hand back on the wrist peg! Not much the guy could do when I'd paid for it, LOL!

CHEERS!

·
super hot outside
4,362 Posts
I did the same with SS Automatic Rifleman, difference is it broke after about 3 months; not fresh out of the box. And the right leg joint broke too, but a dab of super glue fixed that.

Other than that the other body parts are pretty sturdy.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
This isn't new for me.I have broken alot of bodies.
Hand posts,arms,legs...but this is a first.A fresh new figure.I haven't really messed with.!!
I did the same thing. I bought the nude [beared head sculpt] I thought the head was a little small, so decided to change it. I thought because the bodies were so simular to the G.35 Swaping heads at the neck would be easy. I when I pulled the head off the neck pin broke. Came right off with the head/neck. I used little force. was carefull to pull it strait up to avoid putting presure on the pin and it still broke...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.