One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the past 2 weeks off to bust a move on some long overdue projects (ie. finish Mandalorian). I've always enjoyed the work in progress posts members have done, so here is one of my current wip pieces that will now be put on the backburner because I start up work tomorrow. Sorry guys, I'm one of them Sci-fi geeks. :sadshake
It started out as a crappy 'ol GI Joe I got for $1 at a thrift store. I'm still working on the backstory for him. Some kind of test subject, injured in a not too distant future war, maybe between 2020-2050(?), rebuilt with robotics, part of some underground Special Forces.??????
I'm still working out the outfit for him, what he's wearing is sorta temporary. Any suggestions?
Thanks for looking.

Here is the base body with Gundam parts.

Face mod.

And most current pics. with face repaint.

·
Time Lord Of Flatbush
5,917 Posts
Too Cooool! :thumb

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gaiagear said:
Damn!!Those Tallgeese legs sure look good on Joe, Ross. Sweet work bro. :thumb
Man you know your Gundam's!

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Very nice work and great score finding that Joe for $1.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Very cool indeed. I had the same ideal using Gundam parts or a Gundam Toy I always fine at the .99 Cent Super Store to make Cybernetic legs. Looks like you beat me to it. Great work!!!

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mlatch221- I don't know about your area, but I can find tons of Joe's for $1 a piece. Any 'ol thrift store usually has many on hand.
Warlordskeep- Thanks, surprised how well he cleans up!
Kneejoint- Play time is over. :cry
Brave Rifles- Thank you sir.
Broadshore- Have a crack at it, I'm sure yours will look different. You may beat me to finishing though. Don't know when I'll get back to this guy.(?)
Callous- Don't worry, I'm all about the BFG!
Deuterides- Thanks!
Rambeau87- Not familiar with that, I'll check it out.
Iron_Mike- I can't wait either, I was just getting into a groove, when stupid 1/1 kicks in.
Cosmicbaby- Thanks, I really want to learn more about LED's. Unfortunately this eye is solid material, but someday I'll work with hollow tube and lights.
Hollowpoint- My mother always told me I was clever. :p
Mgbb- Thanks, I have a female I'd like to do as well....someday.

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
LOVE IT! And there's no such thing as "just another Sci-fi guy." We sci-fi bashers have to stick together and show our love...

Anyhow...awesome idea - I actually just sold some of my gundams and this makes me wish I hadn't :( :( - I think I have a few somewhere else my wife hasn't looked and I may be stealing your idea shortly - amazing...looks great cleaned up too - can't wait to see him finished -

1 - 20 of 21 Posts