One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about this folks but im getting a tad ticked off with this site and many others.

I log in and get confronted with a window asking how i want the data collected by this site used, then goes on to say this will lead to better tailored adds or such drivel. Now I know under data collection rules they have to give you options but what about the one that says "basic information" such as Name. password, home country etc just for monitoring purposes within the site? I do not want my information being passed on to anyone else thank you.

Show me ads if you wish as long as they are not in a place i can touch , while scrolling, or can click during normal use of the site , under the principal I'm an adult if I wish to click an ad i will

one movie site puts ads in the middle of the article and makes them so you just touch them or move the cursor over them they pop then has the cheek to whinge when I use an ad blocker.

I digress Where is the option to not have my details shared !!!

Sorry for the rant I don't get wound up often but having had log on issues and other things I'm annoyed

Susanna

·
Registered
833 Posts
There is a small web browser software called Brave (Download Browser with Adblocker for Mobile & Desktop | Brave Browser) that blocks out all ads completely. You might like to try it.

I use Firefox with Eset Internet Security (in Windows) which seems to help blockout unwanted stuff. I don't seem to have a problem on my handphone so far, except once where I got a similar thing as you. I closed the browser and tried again and it seemed to work.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't mind adverts per se what I do object to is sites using my information and passing it on to other sites there should be an option to keep info private.

Option 1) use info for targeted ads option 2)use info for non targeted ads option 3) use ads but keep info so site.

put adverts up by all means as long as they don't interfere with the normal functioning of the site, as in block ads in the middle of text keep then to the sides or a banner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts