One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a big fan of the 2000 AD comics and action figures this seems a match made in heaven. Think of all the cool stuff he could come with. Oh and how about a 1/6 Lawmaster. :hifive

·
ludlow67
53 Posts
I'm with you on that! Got to be Hot Toys if a Lawmaster is required though. Based on what they have done with the Dark Knight they could produce something great. Dredd, Anderson, Giant, Walt the Wobot.....!

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Actually, I hope this one goes both ways -- high end at Hot Toys certainly, but I hope for something 12", cheaper and mass-market too.

I doubt that Hot Toys would consider making a Lawmaster until long long after the movie and only if it achieves permanence. The Dark Knight vehicles were tied to a certainty of financial viability, but otherwise, they're not going to commit to anything more extravagant than a basic fig until they're sure a movie isn't the next John Carter.

It would be nice to see a 12" Lawmaster that's widely available, somewhere like the price and quality level of the Hasbro/Toy Biz Ghost Rider 12" on bike. There's lots of fun that could be bashed out of multiples of those.

·
Registered
256 Posts
ThreeA have a licence for producing 2000AD characters and have already brought out Tharg, Mongrol and Ro Jaws in 1/6 (and again in 1/12 for Mongrol).

Not sure about a version for the upcoming movie, but ThreeA certainly seem keyed up to bring out a bunch of 2000AD characters including Judge Dredd. Much talked about amongst ThreeA followers, but not confirmed have also included Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper, as well as the rest of the ABC Warriors. Next after Mongrol and Ro Jaws may be Hammerstein, but don't hold me to that!

Bear in mind Judge Dredd and the other 2000AD characters were drawn by numerous artists over the years, so whether you see a Brian Bolland or a Cam Kennedy version is anyone's guess. Of course ThreeA is co-helmed by Ashley Wood so it could totally be his vision!

·
The Gray Man
519 Posts
As a fan who collected the comics right from the start, I'd like to see a Dredd but only if it's a comic version - the Stallone film was an utter travesty and the similarity between the film version and the comic version was slim to say the least..

I'd like to see a Rogue Trooper and possibly Strontium Dog

·
1:6 Junkie/Kitbashin noob
241 Posts
I reckon Hot Toys will pick up Dredd yeah. I'd eat my hat if they don't. You know people always bitch about the Stallone Dredd film, but visually I really like how Dredd was done in the film and would love to see a Stallone Judge Dredd. The costume was pretty cool, I liked the law master and the law giver too. Plus I liked Warbot in the film.

·
ludlow67
53 Posts
Okay we're mixing the answers here a bit. If Hot Toys produces one now based on the fact a new movie is coming out then it would make sense for a Karl Urban new movie version with the designs and characters that go with that. If they get that to work which I hope they do (both the film makers and Hot Toys), then previous versions (Stallone) and comic versions could follow.

The other characters talked about, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog are 2000AD characters so this is a different subject. I know Ashley Wood has already done Mongol and Tharg but to be honest, his 'vision' is not what I am hoping for.

·
The Gray Man
519 Posts
I reckon Hot Toys will pick up Dredd yeah. I'd eat my hat if they don't. You know people always bitch about the Stallone Dredd film, but visually I really like how Dredd was done in the film and would love to see a Stallone Judge Dredd. The costume was pretty cool, I liked the law master and the law giver too. Plus I liked Warbot in the film.
The people who generally bitch about the Stallone Dredd movie are usually people like me - who were hoping for a more accurate version. What we ended up with bore very little resemblance to the original character - obviously accuracy was sacrificed to pander to Stallones ego.

The 'warbot' you refer to is also (I believe) called Hammerstein - one of the ABC Warriors from the comics too and I think he put in the best performance.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
If you want the comic version of Dredd or any of the other 2000 AD characters I would keep an eye out for ThreeA. I'd probably go for a Rogue Trooper myself. Having taken the plunge with a few of their 1:6 WWR bots I can honestly say the quality has blown me away. Worth every penny IMHO. I would bet they would knock the comic versions out of the park, whether it's a previous artist's take or Ashley Woods' own spin.

(Now, if Mr. Wood ever managed to talk someone into letting ThreeA do proper 1:6 comic versions of Hellboy and B.P.R.D. I'd be over the moon. But that's another thread ...)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh yes a comic book version would be superb, I was just thinking with the new Movie coming out Dredd 3D, one of the big action figure companies would get the licence ? Looking at the trailers this Dredd played by Karl Urban seems a lot closer to the comic strip version, and I think he keeps the helmet on the entire movie.

Yes I first got into Dredd and 2000 AD years ago when I was a kid and one of our neigbours was moving and he gave me his whole collection of 2000 AD comics. Never got to say thanks. So thanks Simon.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Ashley Wood Three A was supposed to be bringing out a comic accurate Dredd and Rogue Trooper - not heard any updates on either yet though!

I love the look of the new movies uniform - be nice if somebody produced a figure, but even better if somebody did just the uniform so we could build an army of Judges!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.