One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joker & Harley Quinn & Customs by AFM Mr Freeze by Mondo(Not a Custom).Pic Heavy

Hey There,
here are my latest customs. Joker, who I did a while ago along with Harley, who I upgraded from a cy-girl 3.0 to a TbLeague.Phicen body. Also gave her a new suit that I got from Big Bad Toys Store for under $50.00.
DC World's Greatest Heroes Harley Quinn 12" Retro Figure
DC World's Greatest Heroes Harley Quinn 12" Retro Figure

Also got my Mondo Mr, Freeze in. Very happy with him. I had cancelled him when i saw how short the Batman figure was, but he is taller and I think works well. Well enjoy the pictures.

Thanks
AFM

DSC07362 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC07359 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr
Harley had the Cy-Girl 3.0 body here.

DSC09511 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr
TbLeague/Phicen Body Harley Quinn from here on.

DSC09512 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09513 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09514 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09515 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09516 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09517 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09518 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

·
Registered
842 Posts
Re: Joker & Harley Quinn & Customs by AFM Mr Freeze by Mondo(Not a Custom).Pic H

What a cool classic team you have there!!!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Re: Joker & Harley Quinn & Customs by AFM Mr Freeze by Mondo(Not a Custom).Pic H

All the figures look terrific individually. That Harley is just about perfect, and a great use of the costume from the Mego-ish WGH.

If they are supposed to function together as a group though (as opposed to simply sharing IKEA display space) then to my eye, the style gap is too wide between Batman and Joker, who pull to realistic, and Mondo Mr. Freeze who is full on Animated. Harley is styled somewhere in the middle, and could go with either side, but I don't see the others interacting with each other - YMMV.

Just like you I cancelled my Mondo Mr. Freeze after I got the Mondo Batman, and was disappointed with it being too short (otherwise, great). So I skipped the Mondo Mr. Freeze but I am just outright ecstatic about the Mattel True Moves Mr Freeze. I mention this AFM because maybe, given the poor reputation of the Mattel and Hasbro 12"s as "shampoo bottles", it's possible the Mr. Freeze stayed below the radar of your attention. But it is really good -- not just good for a $10 figure that recently cost me $2.50 Walmart Clearance, but good in the absolute. It helps that Mr. Freeze is a relatively suitable figure for hard plastic (not needing fabric) and Mattel did an unusually good job on it. The sculpt is less cartoony than the Mondo. They did do one unacceptable thing: the otherwise cool Freeze Gun is sculpted one piece with his hand, which I couldn't live with. But it was easy to put in a peg and make the gun/hand swappable with a loose Batman hand. If you have any room for two of Mr Freeze, take a look. At current clearance price, for the price of the Mondo Mr. Freeze you could have 60 of these :)

BTW there is apparently a variant, between a painted vs a translucent head. I have the painted one, but the translucent might look amazing in a photo where it's being zapped with a laser pointer.

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

All the figures look terrific individually. That Harley is just about perfect, and a great use of the costume from the Mego-ish WGH.

If they are supposed to function together as a group though (as opposed to simply sharing IKEA display space) then to my eye, the style gap is too wide between Batman and Joker, who pull to realistic, and Mondo Mr. Freeze who is full on Animated. Harley is styled somewhere in the middle, and could go with either side, but I don't see the others interacting with each other - YMMV.

Just like you I cancelled my Mondo Mr. Freeze after I got the Mondo Batman, and was disappointed with it being too short (otherwise, great). So I skipped the Mondo Mr. Freeze but I am just outright ecstatic about the Mattel True Moves Mr Freeze. I mention this AFM because maybe, given the poor reputation of the Mattel and Hasbro 12"s as "shampoo bottles", it's possible the Mr. Freeze stayed below the radar of your attention. But it is really good -- not just good for a $10 figure that recently cost me $2.50 Walmart Clearance, but good in the absolute. It helps that Mr. Freeze is a relatively suitable figure for hard plastic (not needing fabric) and Mattel did an unusually good job on it. The sculpt is less cartoony than the Mondo. They did do one unacceptable thing: the otherwise cool Freeze Gun is sculpted one piece with his hand, which I couldn't live with. But it was easy to put in a peg and make the gun/hand swappable with a loose Batman hand. If you have any room for two of Mr Freeze, take a look. At current clearance price, for the price of the Mondo Mr. Freeze you could have 60 of these :)

BTW there is apparently a variant, between a painted vs a translucent head. I have the painted one, but the translucent might look amazing in a photo where it's being zapped with a laser pointer.
I have that 8.99 Mr Freeze and like you, I was pretty blown away by the detail. I just might combine the two to make a butt kicking Mr Freeze. That would make them all look good together on the screen at once. I've missed the clearance sell. I would have bought them all. Thanks for your input, I do appreciate it. Custom Mr Freeze is on it's way.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts

I have that 8.99 Mr Freeze and like you, I was pretty blown away by the detail. I just might combine the two to make a butt kicking Mr Freeze. That would make them all look good together on the screen at once. I've missed the clearance sell. I would have bought them all. Thanks for your input, I do appreciate it. Custom Mr Freeze is on it's way.
Anything to look forward to, is a blessing in these dark times, and the triple threat of Mattel Mr F + Mondo Mr F + the AFM skill set = something eagerly anticipated.

Have you seen the Mezco One:12 Mr Freeze? The light-up Freeze Cannon is so oversized it could easily transfer to a 1/6 figure. This would solve one problem where the Mondo Mr F blaster is too simplified and the Mattel Mr F blaster is of one piece with his hand. And the Mezco Mr F remains intact, because AFM Ultimate Mr Freeze merely borrows his cannon.

Actually I thought of Dremeling away the hand shape of the Mattel Mr F from the blaster handle part, but it would be a tricky job. I felt better once I gave him a swappable empty hand, but I'd still like to have a full separate blaster he could put on his nightstand or something. I should probably have bought another of the clearance ones -- they still have them in Canadian Walmarts, so maybe Colorado Walmarts too, but current times do not favor brick and mortar toy hunts.

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Anything to look forward to, is a blessing in these dark times, and the triple threat of Mattel Mr F + Mondo Mr F + the AFM skill set = something eagerly anticipated.

Have you seen the Mezco One:12 Mr Freeze? The light-up Freeze Cannon is so oversized it could easily transfer to a 1/6 figure. This would solve one problem where the Mondo Mr F blaster is too simplified and the Mattel Mr F blaster is of one piece with his hand. And the Mezco Mr F remains intact, because AFM Ultimate Mr Freeze merely borrows his cannon.

Actually I thought of Dremeling away the hand shape of the Mattel Mr F from the blaster handle part, but it would be a tricky job. I felt better once I gave him a swappable empty hand, but I'd still like to have a full separate blaster he could put on his nightstand or something. I should probably have bought another of the clearance ones -- they still have them in Canadian Walmarts, so maybe Colorado Walmarts too, but current times do not favor brick and mortar toy hunts.
Thanks for the inside scoop on the Mezco Maybe I can get one loose. I was at Walmart yesterday and they didn't have much in the clearance section. I'm pretty sure I got my Mattel Mr F at Target. I will be keeping an eye out for him from now on whenever I get out of the house. Thanks for the encouragement my friend.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Did the DC world's greatest heroes Harley outfit come with that neck piece, wrist ruffles and those shoes or did you use different parts ?
What Tbleague model # did you use ?
Man, I might pick up that Mr.Freeze and FML! for missing out on that Sideshow Joker. The aftermarket price on it is just ridiculous.

I recently did a Tbleague Harley using the 12" Medicom real action heroes suit. Really tight fit for a Tbleague body btw. The suit looks amazing though and I applied car leather protectant to give it a WET look.

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

XENARC, I like what your did. She looks great. How the articulation? The outfit I purchased did come with the neck piece and had it's own built in wrist ruffles even though the were not as showy as the one I put on here. the shoes are from the DC Dirst deluxe Harley Quinn.

I would put some kind of leather protector on that suit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts