One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1/6th Western Collector
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my take on John Wayne in Rio Bravo film. I know many have been done but I wanted to do one as well. There are in black and white. Head sculpt is a "Kit Carson" repaint by Gordon who also did the hat. Vest by Amy Jones. Rifle by Ed Cassar. Pants, shirt, gun belt and boots by BGT. Building is by myself. I know it is not a replicate of the one in the movie. It is more a generic prop. Thanks to all who assisted.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Nice work, and the size of the Duke's torso looks spot on. In the fourth and fifth pics, you even got his signature gait down.

Now - who will have the grit to pose him carrying the Winchester backwards, with the hammer cocked, like in the scenes with Angie Dickinson? I always get a bit queasy when I see that, could never figure why Wayne did that. Scary bad weapon handling.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Very nice figure, indeed.

Excellent props and location, too.

The black and white photos just make the illusion better.

·
That'll Be The Day
511 Posts
That looks freaking awesome man. Nice job!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
GREAT work... as P'Dog said, you've given the Duke the proper corn-fed look!

·
1/6th Western Collector
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are a couple of the shots in color to show the excellent repaint done by Gordon

·
!/6 horse maker
76 Posts
Not seen this one before. So good, and moves just like him.
I'll have him on one of my horses one day.

:bravo

·
1/6th Western Collector
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No Andy, that is not the repaint you did for me. I have another project planned for the head you repainted. I am a bit of a John Wayne fan. Gordon is "Glenlion" and he repainted this head.

·
1/6th Western Collector
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone know of a Ricky Nelson lookalike or similar figure?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts