One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorite John Wayne westerns is his portrayal as Tom Doniphon in John Ford's "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". There are many great scenes from the film, but I focused on the confrontation with Lee Marvin's villain in the cafe. The two dangerous men size each other up before Jimmy Stewart intervenes and defuses the fight and Valance leaves. It will be some time before I have a Liberty Valance worth posting, but here is my version of Tom Doniphon.

The hs and muscle body (padded) are DML. Everything else is BattleGearToys, except the trousers, and the tie. I didn't realize until I got some more screen caps that his shirt was actually checked. Perhaps a smaller check would be closer, but I like the affect. Hope you do, too.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Excellent, Mark. Doniphon was a particularly interesting character for Wayne, and the story itself is so much more than the simple description of it's basic plot. Valance was a true badman, but Doniphon was far more lethal beneath the surface appearance. Fine job!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys, I'm real happy with how he came out, and that you all appreciate it. The opinions of the afficianados is what matters to me. Might do another with a stetson, a bib-front shirt and a Winchester some day, but this is what spoke to me. Liberty has a ways to go - damn flashy hooligan!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts