One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased several of these JIAOUDOL African female seamless bodies though eBay from simplyhappylife. I was excited about the dark skin tone. However, after only a few months, the rubber skin starting cracking and breaking around at the elbows and knees. I complained to the seller recently, but he only acknowledged that they were poor quality and made some silly suggestion "i think you need to keep the figure standing relax (w/o any posting)". The damage is done! what is he talking about! I don't have this damage on any of my other jiaou dolls and I've had them for years. I recommend that no one buy this version. Any ideas on how to deal with this seller? Are there any suggestions on how to control or stop the damage?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Woah! Your tears are really bad. Did you pose the JD elbow slightly bent or in a really bent pose? I have previously posted about this of my experiences on JDs and also TBLs. Others have also posted similar. You can't keep JDs posed with slight bent arms. TBLs may be a little more durable, but I hve experienced tearing shoulders & elbows as well. Pose them for photo shoots and return them to relaxed 'boring' poses once done.

Here's the thread I posted: Miscellaneous Subject - Jiaou Doll - TPE Posing Tears...

My ebony JDs are still in the box. I used one for trials and have the usual skin peeling problem which I always get with JD's typical fragile TPE finish.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
Sucks.

You could have avoided the debacle by not buying them in the first place, but experience proves the majority of collectors will never heed advice from battle hardened veterans and choose to learn the hard way and then go the whoa is me victim route, etc.

That's a blunt, brutal, and harsh aspect of the hobby.

Consider this a very hard lesson learned and if you want to repeat it, then that's on you.

·
Registered
813 Posts
You can fix the damage with TPE glue. But TPE glue tends to stiffen up the glued areas (like super glue) such that it is no longer stretchable. I have not tried clear silicon sealant. Not sure if it can do the job better or even at all. At this extent of damage, you have nothing to loose by trying.

I have used the former for all my figure tears, including TBL ones. The area of damage have been small, and because TPE glue stiffens the immediate area of application, it stretches the surrounding area when I bend the joint..obviously! So I keep the joints in a relaxed pose after that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very ugly and very unfortunate! I feel your pain.

A very small tear has developed on the shoulder of my first figurine, a Phicen S07C, bought a year ago. I don't know how that could happen since it's on the shoulder which would be mostly relaxed unless I have to clothed the figurine. I guess there is often no way to tell which individual figurine would develop a tear anywhere. On my Phicen S28A, I know the elbows become thin when the forearm is bent upwards, and can feel the steel joint inside - a bit sharp - but the elbows have not yet tore.

·
Registered
1/6 Action Figures such as: Hot Toys, Art Figures, Enterbay, EdStar, Toys Dao, Dragon Models, etc.
44 Posts
Ouch! Hate to see stuff like this occur because it's so hard to both avoid it, and to fix it. I have had Phicen m31, m33, and m34 bodies for years and so far no tearing whatsoever. Just a little skin fuzzing but that's it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts